Pass Labs XA30.5

You can try it and let us know[;)]. I know I have read great reviews on a lot of other Passlab gear, and Firstwatt. Which I am sure lots of others will chime in. Good luck on your search, and don't forget to let us know.

hi

what do you think about this amp to use in klipschornSmile

I considered this amp for driving my KPT-402 since it's rated at 30watts/channel. I finally selected a pair of X350.5 with 1 amp per speaker to simplify input sensitivity considerations for active xover.

In hindsight, a pair of XA30.5 would have been more than adequate.

I read a review where the XA30.5 leaves class A @ 60watts per channel. It continues in class A/B operation with the test amp producing 153watts in 1 channel and the other channel 156watts @ rated distortion.

It's likely to be an amp in the best choice for Klipschorn amps ever.

Rod, that x350.0 is 350 watts per channel in a 8 ohm load and 700 in a 4 ohm load. That's quite a bit of power, how does that sound, all so are you vertically bi amping your speakers with each amp. Was that hard to setup.

Rod, that x350.0 is 350 watts per channel in a 8 ohm load and 700 in a 4 ohm load. That's quite a bit of power, how does that sound, all so are you vertically bi amping your speakers with each amp. Was that hard to setup.

The amps and Jubs are still in the boxes so what it sounds like is all theory at the moment.

The X350.5 the most powerful stereo amp in the Pass Labs range, is a class A/B design leaving class A @ 40 watts peak. I am mostly interested in the first 40 watts and the design has a focus on the very start of that power.

One amp will sit on top of each Jubilee with one channel driving the HF and the other channel driving the LF. The HF is 50watt peak 150watt the LF is 400watt peak 1200watt. So I will have sufficient headroom even if I set them up outdoors.

The logic behind this is that the shared larger power supply is available mostly for the LF channel as the HF does not require much, so there is an advantage here. Plus the input sensitivity for the 4 channels is identical and setting the electronic crossover has one less thing to consider.

I did not read the test review about the XA30.5 until some time after I had the X350.5's. I would probably have a pair of XA30.5 with hindsight. I went full out for a no regrets system while the AU$ was high and I could also get, not to be repeated, the best prices on absolute premium equipment, that I would never have to replace.

I have now completed my experimenting in building folded horn LFE. After building 9 of them, I'm now ready to build a pair Num 10 & 11 for my cinema system.

I'm currently working out the acoustics for the room and it's likely I will now build a 5x5 bessel array into the ceiling for each rear surround. I will have a virtual center channel.

Considering, all this is why I think the XA30.5 would be a top choice for Klipschorns as again the first watt is very important and the XA30.5 is a very stable amp.

For another option you could look at the Firstwatt f5. I know alot around here are using the Firstwatt f3 for the top end of their jubs. The F5 has some more power and is a push pull design as opposed to a single ended design. I am currently collection parts to build a F5tv2 which is from the Passdiy site, and diyaudio.com, something else you can look at as well, as being from Sweden you might be able to source parts for it.

I am mostly interested in the first 40 watts and the design has a focus on the very start of that power.

Some people say the first watt is the most important because if the detail is not in that watt, the rest of the power will not bring it out.