Single KLF-30 on eBay ...

SteveLee

For those of you interested in making a "HornEd converted Legend center speaker", there's a single KLF-30 listed on eBay. Looks like it's fully functional, in good condition, and with the black finish. Right now, the bid is at $31, and the auction ends early morning on 1 July. Just thought I'd pass it along:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1363167978

This auction on uBid is for 48 new KLF-30's (black). The auction closes in about an hour, and right now I'd guess they'll go for about $250 ea. Ground shipping on a pair is about $235 additional, which IS a big ripoff. But still, getting a pair of new 30's with the full Klipsch warranty for about $750 total (no sales tax on uBid) strikes me as a pretty decent deal....

Here's the URL of the auction, if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=7499630

I am replacing a Pair of KLF 30 that I have had for about 6 months with a Pair of Klipsch Belles that I came across last week the set is from 1985.

I have heard conflicting comments do you guys think that I will be happier with the Belles?

and are the KLF 30 just junk like everything else that Klipsch is putting out now.

I have been a Klipsch guy since my youth.

I do like the 30s but I have not heard the belles.

they are going to be driven with a B&K REF 3220 along with a center KLF-C7 the rears are a pair of RB5 those are ok

Ray, Don't believe the hype......KLF-30's are often regarded as the last great set of Klipsch speakers made when cute/small speakers were very trendy....My KLF-30's sound fantastic. I am a big believer in the rule that says "there is no substitution for cubic inches" in speakers and engines.

Look at the size of the new RF-7's, pretty large, looks very much like the KLF-30's with new drivers and an obviously refined/toned down sound with beautiful new cabinets (read extra cost).

If you want to unload your 30's, I'll take them off your hands------------;-) I'd love to have a pair of Belle's though also, but I would not part with my 30's to get them, we're bonded.

------------------

This message has been edited by BLOOMIS914 on 07-01-2002 at 11:31 PM