2 Heresy's and a C-7, now what?

sonnyboy

Thanks for the help recieved here about 3 months ago. I've got a pair of Heresys I've had for 20 yrs. I added a C-7, a 3802, and a dvd player. Then I stopped. Now I'm ready for surrounds and after them, a sub. I know that another pair of heresys will be suggested (as they were for the center), and I know thats the best choice (I love reading the learned opinions here), but could the next best match be suggested? Unfortunately, they must be smaller. By the way, the C-7 sounds great with the Heresys.

For surrounds look at the SS-1s. i think you'll like them and they are relatively small.

However, you need a subwoofer first. A 3.1 movie system will be quite satisfying and you don't realize the very low bass you are missing. There are lots of good subs out there, but don't even consider anything less than 12" and 250 watts. You need a great sub to keep pace with Heresies and that -C7.

Want cheap, look at this kit (smaller subwoofer) and a power amp: http://www.vmpsaudio.com/ps2.htm

http://www.vmpsaudio.com/sub1.htm

John

No, Boa, I'm not sold on wdst. Never heard 'em or any other type of surrounds. I live in an isolated area far away from sound rooms and none of my friends are into HT. Am enjoying learning from this site, though---just read a post from Digger in which Horned Ed, Kieth, and yourself had more than just a word or two on the wdst topic. I'd love throw a few more Heresys around the room, but live in a smallish place, and that would push the limits of my renowned impracticality. It is more the size and shape of an rs-3, for example that I was looking at as a starting point, and was then going to take the advice of you crazy bastards that know what you are talking about---So, any other ideas for wall-mounted surrounds besides rs-3's? Thanks for listening.