Amp for khorns under 1000

alexg5775

I have done my research and have not really found my exact answer or i guess what i want to hear. Right now i am running a pair of khorns with a pair of marantz ma-700 using a pioneer vsx-1017AV as my pre amp. The khorns sound fantastic. They have upgraded crites tweeter and new crossovers. They are from 1987.At higher volumes they do get harsh and grainy. I also know i can do better, sq wise than what i currently have to power the speakers. FYI, i also have a thtlp sub. I listen to a wide range of music including spanish, hip hop, house/techno, country music. I mostly listen at moderate listening levels but i do throw parties at my house so i do crank them often.I am looking for new preamp and amp options. This is my 2 channel stereo but i also have my tv hooked up and use it as 2 channel HT (I do plan on eventually running 3 channel and eventually 5 channel HT.) I do use hdmi so i need to have at least a few hdmi in and out. I am in the market for a new preamp and amp. I have been looking at a pair of adcom gfa-565’s, a pair of b&k m-200’s I have read some of the pro qsx amps work good for the khorns. I would really love a krell ksa 100 or a mcintosh amp but out of my price range. These are just ideas. I know some of these amps are way too much power but I don’t mind having the extra power on tap. I don’t think I want to go the tube route. I am open to all suggestions on amp and pre amp. I would like to keep it to under 1000 for both but willing to break budget just a little if I must. I am buying used. Thanks in advance for all the help,Alex

since you have a Pioneer already forum member tromprof is running his k-horns with a Pioneer SC-1222-K ( Newegg sells them MSRP $1100 for like $549 free shipping-no tax ) i don't know how loud he runs them

i bought one and use it on my cornwalls and i play them loud. awesome