luxman users

sasqwatch

I am looking at luxman lv105u.checking to see if anybody had any experience with one.and your impression.I am intreaged by the fact it uses three types of amplification,mos fet,tube,and j fet.I read several reviews last night and as i suspected some liked it outhers didn't .the amp is 80wpc .some of the negative were the inability to carry strong base.maybe they were driving less efficient speakers? If that be the case.I don't see that as a issue as i will be using it with a pair of khorn.

I am looking at luxman lv105u.checking to see if anybody had any experience with one.and your impression

I also have been intrigued by this model but have not ever heard one. My "only" experience with Luxman has been with an R-115 and R-117 stereo receivers and the LV-117 integrated amp. All are wonderful pieces with the R-117 being the best sounding, most powerful, unequaled bass driving, sweetest midrange, solid state stereo receiver I have ever had the pleasure to hear and own.

Bill

Bill,I would whole heartedly agree the r117 is a top of the line receiver.I am using one currently in my 2 channel rig.I switch between it and a jolida fx10.I don't use the tuner verry often but when u do it is the best tuner I have heard.love the three position loudness switch,gives it a tube like sound in the 1st position.I wish I could hear the 105 before pulling the trigger, Stacy

Bill,I would whole heartedly agree the r117 is a top of the line receiver.I am using one currently in my 2 channel rig.

I sold my R-117 a few months ago and of course I regret that decision[:(]. It definitely made my Heresys sing like they have no business to. But surprisingly, it's replacement, an Integra DTM-40.4 stereo receiver, has stepped right in and filled the void very very well.

Bill