Klipsch Sub10 Issue (Test/Fix or Toss?)

YouBaxter

I have had this broken sub sitting in my basement for a few years and figured now was the time to start looking at it! :)

The issue is, very very low sound....or nothing at all.

So, I took it apart and all the tables seem to be in place. The power light on the front of the sub (blue) is on when the power is on. When I connect a (normal) speaker to to the amp, I get very very muffled/horrible sound as a results (music>amp>speaker).

So, is it worth spending gobs of time trying to troubleshoot this..? Or, is it the AMP and should just throw it off my deck?

Thanks!!!

--Chris

There's been countless threads on sub 10 and sub 12 amp failures. Unless you're an electrical engineer and can figure the circuit out, the replacement amp is your only recourse and they're not cost effective. I'd recommend a twisting one and a half somersault. The degree of difficulty isn't all that high but if you stick the landing it'll be worth it.

...one and a half somersault...man, that landing...eeeek...

Yah, I seen the web & this forum are crazy with these posts. I never seen however that the sub had power and little sound (like mine). Regardless, if it's not as simple as replacing the wiring inside. I'm out! :)