RF52II or RB61II

kini62

Congrats. You'll love them as long as you don't hear the 62's or 82's. 52's are awesome. I loved mine. Till I had 62's in the same room. So just stay away from people with bigger speakers lol and you'll be golden. And of course stay off the internet so there is no urges what if. You'll save toooooons of money

Thanks. My SuperZeros are bigger speakers than anyone I know has. :lol::lol::lol: So I don't have to worry about that. I can't stay off the internet that's why I bought my PC12+ after being relatively satisfied with my Def Tech. Like I said, I have 60 days to decide if the 52s are keepers. Either way for the foreseeable future the RC-500 and RS-400s will stay (if I like the Klipsch in my room)

A quick question on toe in. What would be a good starting point. I've heard conflicting advice. Some say to toe in so that the tweeters cross just in front of the main LP others say so that each speaker points at your ear and others have said little to no toe in since the speakers have such a wide soundstage.

When watching movies and TV I sit pretty much inline with the left speaker. It has not been an issue with my NHTs which have a very slight toe in.

Thanks

i sit right in the middle and i tow in till the tweeter points about 3-4 inches outside each ear. it allows me to see about an inch of the inside of each speaker. thats probably confusing lol.

No not confusing. That would place the crossover of the left and right speaker just behind the MLP. I'll give that a shot to start with. I listen to music dead center but watch movies in the left seat of a 4 person sofa.

Thanks

how come you dont watch movies dead center? i like to be right in the center of it all. especially the center channel for movies.

I do if watching by myself or with my wife, but we have a family movie night with the 2 kids. So they sit on the right side, my wife and I sit on the left side and I sit on the far left because that's where the end table is and the end table is where my beer is. :D Family movie night is when most of the good movie watching occurs, new releases, action movies etc....

It hasn't been an issue with movies. Heck I watched a whole movie one time in stereo and never realized it. The SuperZeros image quite well. I'm hoping for the same from the Klipsch but with more oomph.

how come you dont watch movies dead center? i like to be right in the center of it all. especially the center channel for movies.

I do if watching by myself or with my wife, but we have a family movie night with the 2 kids. So they sit on the right side, my wife and I sit on the left side and I sit on the far left because that's where the end table is and the end table is where my beer is. :D Family movie night is when most of the good movie watching occurs, new releases, action movies etc....

It hasn't been an issue with movies. Heck I watched a whole movie one time in stereo and never realized it. The SuperZeros image quite well. I'm hoping for the same from the Klipsch but with more oomph.

Sitting where you can get to the beer sounds important lol. I sit in multiple places just for fun and to see what someone experiences in that seat. It is all good, so I am happy.

Speakers came in yesterday. Didn't get home till about 1830 so not much time to do anything. But I did unpack the RF52s. They seem really well built. Very heavy for the size. The cherry vinyl looks much better in person than in the stock photos. Also speakers are very nice looking with the grills off.

I did manage to set them in place and listened to a little music after everyone else went to bed so everything was done quietly. Even at low volumes they sounded nice. Definitely a hotter top end than my SZs but at low volumes it made them sound better than SZs.

One thing that immediately stood out and surprised me was when I listened to my first tune at my AVR's start up volume of -42db, was that they were MUCH louder than my SZs. I normally would have had to go to about -35db to get that volume, maybe more. I guess that's where the Klipsch efficiency comes in compared to the SZs which are rated at 85db. Seems about right.

I did have to bump up the sub some to compensate. I'll know more tonight when I get a chance to crank the music and maybe a few blu-ray demo scenes to where I need to set the sub and the speakers as far as +- dbs.

I unboxed the RC-500 this morning and put it into place. Again, it's much heavier and larger than I thought it would be. Nice build quality. The black vinyl definitely doesn't look as nice as the cherry. I wonder why the cherry didn't sell well?

So I put it on top the TV on the centerstage bracket it didn't collapse or cause the TV to fall over so that's good. Seems huge in the room since I'm used to a SZ laid over on its side for a center. Had about 2 minutes to watch some tv. Voices sounded nice.

I have the 52s set to large with the sub set to LR +LFE just for kicks. I'll see how it sounds with a crossover later. I liked 120hz for when I had my SZs. I might leave it at 120 for the center and surrounds since my sub has so much output at the frequency.

I still need to mount the RS-400s. Again heavier and built better than I thought they would be. Overall really impressed with the build quality for the price.

HT.JPG

My messy room :( and crappy iPhone photo. That's with the lights on all the way. Dark brown paint and carpet suck in all the light. I was left of center to take the pick so I could get a shot of the sub in there. :)

How does the toe in look?

Thanks

Edited by kini62

you definitely do not want to run the 52's as large. they just are not capable of it if you crank them up very loud. i recommend around 80 for all those speakers you bought. and the toe in looks great.

I tried running the speakers as large with the sub set to LR +LFE so the sub is also getting the full range signal and with a crossover of 100hz and I had a hard time telling the difference. If anything I slightly preferred the speakers set to large. I seemed to get just a little more punch on some music.

I'm going to be watching White House Down tonight and I'll see how it goes.

I realize that the speakers on their own cannot pickup for the sub, but since I'm running the sub too, it seems to work OK. I'll keep playing with it though. I'm sure it will take some time and trials to find what I like best.

Thanks for the help.