Anyone here blend? (Ninja, Vitamix, etc.)

tigerwoodKhorns

• Moderators
Update - I decided against the Ninja because the blades have to be taken out eact time you use it.

Sorry just seen this

We have a Ninja for a couple of years now, works great, the blades just lift out when container is empty, not sure what you meant, the blades are tall?

I have to admit I have cut myself just trying to rinse off the blades under water. It is the best blender we have had, well it's the only one we have not burned up. It makes perfectly daiquiris from regular bag ice with ease.

It is the only blender we have had that the top locks or it will not start and has a pour spout built in the top which kind of works when drinks are really frozen and thick.

I just looked it says model BL 500 on the bottom, don't know if it's the current model still ?

Edited by dtel

That was my fear with the Ninja. I came close to buying one, but alcohol and sharp objects and me might not be a good combination.

I actually bought the Breville blender and Cuisinart food processor for my wife. The food processor is essentially silent and pretty easy to clean. I did a bunch of research and the one that I got was highly recommended because it is easy to use and clean.

You might try this with the blender. Even with orange pulp stuck on the blades, I just threw a little clean water in there and pulsed it, everything just poured out and it was clean (still need some soap and water - I will put soap and water in there next time).

Here is the blender:

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BBL605XL-Hemisphere-Control-Blender/dp/B005I72LMU/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

The blades are in the bottom and make everything go up the side of the container, just when it might stop swirling, the blender slows down and lets everything settle, then it kicks into high gear again. It keeps doing this and you don't have to do anything. It stops when it is done.

These are all nice blender, I'm just glad that I didn't get the Vitamix, this one works so well and no tapping or manipulating required.

Here is the food processor:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DFP-14BCN-Processor-Brushed-Stainless/dp/B0000645TW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Just two buttons and everything goes together so easily. A real pleasure to use. Bed Bath and Beyond has both of these and they have 20% coupons regularly (I thank my mother for that).

• Moderators

I will clean it like that next time, probably alot safer. There are 3 sets of blades which come almost to the top, the shaft for the blades does reach the top.

You should be very happy with that model, it's been a long time since i looked at blenders, it's shocking how expensive some models are, it's crazy.

To each reply, I was shocked at how much these things cost. The Vitamix and Blendtec are $500 and up. Vitamix has refurbished models with 5 year warranties for $300 and up.

It is like anything else, you start looking and the price goes up and up as you learn about them. My thing is that my old $20 blender was ok for protein shakes years ago I was doing that, much pretty much useless for anything else, it never gets used. These are a lot more but they get some serious use. As long as they last a very long time they are worth it.

Congrats on the purchase. This was one of those things my wife let me buy and said get whatever you want. So I went with the blendtec for a few reasons. One the main reason is just power they don't have the idea you need sharp blades that will become dull over time. Their passion is speed and raw power. That was cool with me because unless you are you making your blades out of some kind of carbide they will become dull. So that was a good idea to me. Vitamix copied a Jar so close to the Blendtec design they lost a suit, blendtec sent a Jar to all their customers until it reached the amount of their winnings in the lawsuit. Yes I got a free one.The blendtec is not for the faint of heart it's loud!!!!!!!! Very scary if you every use the soup function. I did turn some regular sugar into powder sugar and won a bet. The steaming water is pretty neat. But needless to say Yes I could have bought a cheaper blender and did the exact same thing to a degree but most of us could have bought cheaper everything.......LOL what's the fun in that you can't take it with you.