Used Speaker Value

A1UC

I would be interested in hearing other members thoughts on used speaker values , I went through a few sets of speakers and they seem to sell 50-60% of retail even if they are mint .

Last pair I bought I paid 3k and the retail was 4200.00 I guess how popular or in demand a speaker is comes into the value also .

I'm just wondering if there is a good formula for this that people go by ?

A speaker... or any sellable item... is only worth what someone is willing go pay for it. If that is a penny, then...

The formula i use is market average... factoring the probable value by averaging sold items from different sources taking into account other things like rarity and condition.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

A speaker... or any sellable item... is only worth what someone is willing go pay for it. If that is a penny, then...

The formula i use is market average... factoring the probable value by averaging sold items from different sources taking into account other things like rarity and condition.

I always check past sales to get a feel , Its hard sometimes if the speaker brand is not well known I guess one just needs to do the research before purchasing or selling .