My New To Reference RF-3's

billybob

Yes so, all the superlatives that read as positives, I will not bother you with. My serious listening impressions from listening to just 4 reference material cd's via my Sony MegaStorage 300CD player has convinced me that while many similarities exist, this is a different animal indeed. Another thing is the bass. While the footprint or stage seems more focused. the bass is sufficient for my needs so far. Configured as an apex at my corner computer station/desk, I am near-field of course while at the computer. In this position the Tractrix sounds much alive and crystal clear. When critical listening after towing one speaker outward a few inches in order to listen 15 foot way at a comfortable chair, I was much impressed wthe center balance of all of the speakers. I will no longer worry about not having enough bass with the reference line of speakers. Looking forward now to the RF-5, RF-7 and not necessarily in that order. Very pleased with these speakers powered by the Carver A500X. So pleased in fact that CD's that I have heard previously, are now listened to with relish, like a new life has been breathed into them. All for now and thanks. RF-3's can rock, etc... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Some prologue to this is the KG-4's were there at desk before the RF-3's took up their station. So Friday night I had hooked my Yamaha RX-V850 with 2 channel bypass to the Chorus speakers in another room. I lay down and listened to Monster cd and was awestruck by the combination, as had not heard the Chorus for several months. Thought to myself, now this is the ultimate. So, Saturday night when I finally listened to the RF-3's,another Monster cd. Thought it was going to be a hard hard act to follow. The Carver can be adjusted to bring out the bright, or could be contained by settings on the Carver pre-amp. The bass was totally for real and there directly between and in the chamber recess directly in the center cavity at the bottom of the desk where the chair sits. Need to hook amp and Chorus and listen. Going to hookup the Sirius in both rooms and listen some more.

Either I am easy, or there is a line worth listening to. They are satifying me at lower volume levels. Need to turn them up, and down.

The RF-3's were my first Klipsch speakers (2001 if memory serves me correctly) and have been impressed with them ever since.

Like so many others before me, the Heritage bug bit me in a big way so the RF-3's were demoted to my bedroom system, along with the rest of the set (RC-3, RS-3's)

My main system progression went from RF-3's--->KLF-30's--->Cornwalls.

Like the Heresy's in Heritage line, the RF-3's are the best bang for the buck in the RF-series, imho of course ;)

Thanks

JJ

Great pickup on the speakers. I have been looking for a pair of RF 3's to go with my RF 7's. Just can't seem to find a good pair at a good price.

Which side of the world to you live...we could some of us keep you in mind If you want to say.

Thanks and bet those 7's do the job.

The RF-3's were my first Klipsch speakers (2001 if memory serves me correctly) and have been impressed with them ever since.

Like so many others before me, the Heritage bug bit me in a big way so the RF-3's were demoted to my bedroom system, along with the rest of the set (RC-3, RS-3's)

My main system progression went from RF-3's--->KLF-30's--->Cornwalls.

Like the Heresy's in Heritage line, the RF-3's are the best bang for the buck in the RF-series, imho of course ;)

Thanks

JJ

My first are Chorus, then other Klipsch now reference 3. Will want the KLF's, Cornwall experience given the time. Listening to a cd very familiar with BeckOla. It is a complex musical experience of which the RF-3 appears to have no trouble taming. Impressive to me! Mine were a bargain/deal but feel based on condition that $300 is a decent deal.

Thanks

derrickdj1, on 21 Nov 2013 - 8:35 PM, said: Great pickup on the speakers. I have been looking for a pair of RF 3's to go with my RF 7's. Just can't seem to find a good pair at a good price. Which side of the world to you live...we could some of us keep you in mind If you want to say. Thanks and bet those 7's do the job.

I live near Chicago, so it is just a matter of time before I find the right deal. This is a large metro area so I just need to watch for deals. Thanks.