RW-10 Bad LFE port?

picklehead12

I have a RW 10 sub that is not producing any sound when connected with the LFE port. I have done the RCA cable test as recommended on the webpage and the sub produces sound. I have connected an older sub to the receiver and it works, so I have narrowed the sub problem down to the LFE port on the back of the sub.

Should I unscrew the sub to see if there is a loose wire or should I just take it to a repair shop? Thanks in advance,

JP

I did the test at the link below. Basically like you said though, take a y connector from my phone and plug it into the RCA inputs on the back of the sub. Then with music playing adjust the sound on the sub to see if there is bass output, which there is and it adjusts when I change the volume levels.

I also tried speaker wire and again, the sub was thumping, but with the LFE nothing.

With my receiver, Pioneer Elite, I need the LFE channel to work with the sub because I don't have another choice.

Thanks for the response though

http://www.klipsch.com/Education/klipsch-subwoofer-faqs

It was a new set-up, but I followed the instructions and used the MaaC (SP?) auto set-up. Did it with both subs, the Klipsch and old Aiwa and only the Aiwa works.

I attached a picture of the back of the sub of what I think is the serial number. Basically the sub has a high frequency input (L&R speaker wire), RCA inputs and an LFE input. Hopefully it helps.

Thanks,

JP

post-57668-0-08540000-1386256099_thumb.j

does that sub have a auto power switch on it? maybe the lfe does not sense the power? my svs were backwards from any other sub I've ever had. the lfe port or left usually turned the sub on. but the svs was the right jack if i used a single cable. but i pretty much always use a splitter.