luxman a-2002 tube crossover

Kev the ironworker

hi,

for those interested in biamping, I have a luxman a-2002 tube electronic crossover for sale (2 way) .... I can email pics if you are interested...

not much on the web about them, just that they are very rare and very well made. 6 and 12 db slopes...and can be fine tuned also....I currently have a lux a-2003 hooked into my system (3 way) and it is amazing (not so noticeable at lower levels but very as the volume goes up) I'm not in a rush to sell...wasn't thinking about it actually....but it's just a dust collector now....

• 3 weeks later...

hi thad !

I actually wasn't really planning to sell it....not that I need it... i'll take some pics and post them within a week or 2...(holiday season...kinda busy) ....as far as an asking price is concerned....I paid around $ 1500...there is one on ebay right now for $ 1400 (but it has defects that won't affect the sound quality) ...I'd probably accept what the seller gets on ebay (and I bet it will be for sale for a year at least because people have no idea what this is...)

there are a few issues about this crossover however....it's "old school". it's not a "plug and play" item... you have to change the molex connectors to change the x-over settings depending on your speaker's x-points. on my a-2003 I paid $ 800 to have this done (inc. all other upgrades, caps etc.)... so, in all it's at least a $ 2300 investment (unless you can do it yourself) I was planning on upgrading to k-horns or belles and using the 2003 for these and the 2002 for the sub woofer....but the rf-7ii's sound too good to ever think about this....(I'm not an audiophile...but I know what sounds good and what blows me away)....anyway, i'll post a few pics....i'm not in this to make any money (I'd like to get what I paid)...I know most here are afraid of biamping....(I took the jump and can honestly say that it does make a huge difference) i don't have a friend that understands how I've set up my stereo....they just drool....lol !

• 4 years later...
On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Kev the ironworker said:

hi,

for those interested in biamping, I have a luxman a-2002 tube electronic crossover for sale (2 way) .... I can email pics if you are interested...

not much on the web about them, just that they are very rare and very well made. 6 and 12 db slopes...and can be fine tuned also....I currently have a lux a-2003 hooked into my system (3 way) and it is amazing (not so noticeable at lower levels but very as the volume goes up) I'm not in a rush to sell...wasn't thinking about it actually....but it's just a dust collector now....

Dear Friend. I too own the A 2004 3 Way Crossover. And it is Factory Set at 500 Hz to 4000 k Hz .

I need to change the Frequencies from 600Hz to 5000 Khz . Any idear what Value Caps  on the 600 Hz c 1 and C2 and on 5000 Hi Pass  cap Values on c 1 and c 2.

Your Help will be appreciated 

Kind Rgds

Frank Jansz

E.mail.  fsj@iprimus.com.au