Eggs Benedict with BBQ Pulled Pork

tigerwoodKhorns

OK, so the Wynn Hotel has a Terrace Cafe restaurant that had Eggs Benedict with BBQ pulled pork. Sounds gross, but I figured that if they were offering it, it had to be good. Steve Wynn does everything right in his hotels.

First time I had it, it was beyond good. They had it just right. The BBQ mixes with the egg yolk and Hollandaise sauce just perfectly and it is so good. I keep to a very strict way of eating (same diet as Steve Wynn by coincidence only) and this is definately cheating, but it is worth it.

I have been back a few times and went yesterday for the first time in a while. Their new chef "improved it." The waitress swore it was better. :emotion-41: YUCK. :emotion-41: They removed the pulled pork and just put a piece of pork on it with grizzle, so no BBQ and something replaced the english muffin, I think it was bread. I could have gotten soemthing better at a roadside diner. What a waste, and I will not be back because they are way to expensive to have bad food, especially "improved" by some schmuck who has no clue what they are doing.

They used to also serve it with cornbread that had jalepano bits in it. It was the most moist and delicious cornbread you could imagine. Now you get a side of nothing. What a shame. I imagine if Mr. Wynn knew what they did there would be some accountability.

So has anyone had pulled pork eggs benedict? When done right is it reallly good. How about a good jalepano corn bread receipe to go with it? I want to make some during the holidays for friends.

OK, so the Wynn Hotel has a Terrace Cafe restaurant that had Eggs Benedict with BBQ pulled pork. Sounds gross, but I figured that if they were offering it, it had to be good. Steve Wynn does everything right in his hotels.

First time I had it, it was beyond good. They had it just right. The BBQ mixes with the egg yolk and Hollandaise sauce just perfectly and it is so good. I keep to a very strict way of eating (same diet as Steve Wynn by coincidence only) and this is definately cheating, but it is worth it.

I have been back a few times and went yesterday for the first time in a while. Their new chef "improved it." The waitress swore it was better. :emotion-41: YUCK. :emotion-41: They removed the pulled pork and just put a piece of pork on it with grizzle, so no BBQ and something replaced the english muffin, I think it was bread. I could have gotten soemthing better at a roadside diner. What a waste, and I will not be back because they are way to expensive to have bad food, especially "improved" by some schmuck who has no clue what they are doing.

They used to also serve it with cornbread that had jalepano bits in it. It was the most moist and delicious cornbread you could imagine. Now you get a side of nothing. What a shame. I imagine if Mr. Wynn knew what they did there would be some accountability.

So has anyone had pulled pork eggs benedict? When done right is it reallly good. How about a good jalepano corn bread receipe to go with it? I want to make some during the holidays for friends.

I am generally willing to try anything. However, with eggs benedict it would be hard for me to venture out.

I ate at Brennan's, in New Orleans, often when going to school at Tulane. Their eggs benedict was to die for.

And now the former general manager (and chef) for 13 years at Brennans has opened a place about 20 minutes from me.... Nice....