Onkyo 9050 vs 8050

Klipschtastic

So the repo man is coming after my Onkyo 8050. Actually a friend loaned it to me for like a year while she was in an apartment and couldn't really use it...lol. So now I need to replace it with either another 8050 or the new 9050 integrated amp. I like to try new stuff whenever i can but the 8050 isn't bad at all. I really like all the features like the wireless Pandora radio and zone 2 which I will use for my whole house audio when I set it up. I do however like the looks of the 9050 and the Phase matching bass feature which I think i may like because with out a loudness button I feel the need for more bass at low volumes. I really expect that I would like this feature and I also like the gamble of possibly better overall sound from the 9050 (which may or my not be true). On the other had the 8050 has everything I need in one box. The 9050 does have a DAC through a 1/8 jack. I am a bit behind on tech stuff so:

1) What device could i use to stream Pandora with the 9050's headphone jack? Apple TV?

2) for whole house audio I could still have another reciever through the line out on the 9050 right?

3) Do you all think I should try the 9050 or just stick with an 8050?

BTW the amp will be running KLF 20's

Thanks

Jon

Your Onkyo TX-8050 is 95% same as my Integra DTM-40.4 and I love the way it makes my Heresys sound. My Integra replaced one incredible vintage Luxman R-117 receiver and I feel like my system is lacking nothing. Plus the networking features are great and I think the onboard DAC is of pretty good quality also.

BTW the amp will be running KLF 20's

Have you been using the 8050 to drive your KLF-20's? If so how does it make them sound?

Do you all think I should try the 9050 or just stick with an 8050?

If the 8050 has the features you like and you like the way it sounds, I see no reason not to get another 8050. At this price, it is hard to beat.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTX8050/Onkyo-TX-8050-2-Channel-Network-Stereo-Receiver/1.html

with this

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKUWF1A/Onkyo-UWF-1-Wireless-USB-Network-Adapter-NEW/1.html

Now the step up model Onkyo integrated may have an easier time driving your KLF-20's than either the 9050 integrated or the 8050 receiver, it does come with a heftier price.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKA9070/ONKYO-A-9070-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier/1.html#!specifications

Bill