New Idea.... Will it Work ??

Answer this with the best response please !c>

Now i have a Klipsch v-2.400 system. Im tired of listening to MP3's and listening to that unreal sound it puts out with WOW plugin. I wan realness. SO im gonna buy a QUALITY cd player. Now can i hook up the cd player striahgt to my speaker system and will it work? What else WOULD i need for it to sound very good and work great in any environment?

I thank u for yur time.

Austin..

the v2.400's use the same connections as the 4.1's, just FYI.

even if it has 4.1 output, use stereo since ProLogic will sound like poo, to me at least. Get a mini Y stereo adapter, put it in the headphone out and connect that to the promedia's.

once again though, what kind of high quality cd player? like a shelf component or a portable one?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Yep thats one way but i`m not a great fan of using headphone connections as they usually have a displeasing 20db boost for low sensitivity headphones. You do have the other option of upgrading to the new 4.1 pre-amp (control pod) and using the stereo mini to dual rca from the cd players line out to the control pods line in. This would be the best option.

Even if you use a 4.1 control pod you won't have the rear channels.

If you use splitters you will split the sig level to 2 inputs. That would do something, wouldn't it? Lower volume, more noise? And if you are talking about line-level outs then you really won't have much to split.

I have noticed that soundcards, and portable players give different volume levels.

For $20 you can get a Boostaroo headphone amp that gives plenty of sig for 3 sets of headphones.(or 1 set of headphones and the v2's) http://www.boostaroo.com/