New receiver recommendation for Belles

smitt12

I'm unbiased as I'm an anthem fella but I can say it sounds fantastic on my friends system I think he has it paired With an NAD 12 channel amp or something 50 watts per channel. He uses it bi amped to his speakers. Im not 100% on his setup but it sounded really nice and he is strictly a music listener not into HT

I recently purchased a pair of Belles to replace my Heresys up front and I know I need more power. I currently have a Sony - STRDA1800ES piece that was great for the Heresys but I need to upgrade. Any thought/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

there are sonys that are up to the job although safely hk or marantz can be had for much better price. any hk made would do very well as long as its functional. get some pre outs on one for a amp

Keep the Sony for HT for now. Buy an integrated tube amp for 2 or 3 channel (Scott 299s have a "middle channel"). Your audio life will forever be changed. I have a top-of-the-line 8 series and a 7 series Marantz receiver for HT, but my Khorns mostly get played with tube amps and pres.

SSH

Edited by ssh