Console Idea

jtubbs6117

OK guys this idea still hanging around. I have made some changes. My new plans are to just make the enclosure no shelves. This is the way my current setup is used. My center channel sits on top of the cab and the TV sits on it. So my dimms are 48 wide 30 Tall (floor to top) and 24 deep, there is some flex with these numbers. I am looking to do two stereo integrity 18's front firing sealed to keep size down LOL. Tell me what you think. I hope this project is completed by Christmas. Scrappy what is the min and max power you should runt he SI 18's?

How about splitting the speakers out and making them detached. There was hifi furniture sold like that so you could either sit the speakers next to the console or pull them out abit. Then sit all your electronics in the center console. MCM style all matching would be cool.

IMG_9421.jpg

Seti that is a beautiful setup. My first post or idea included shelves for audio components after some measuring. With the space I have the shelves will have to go. My idea is to make a sealed Cab that will house 2 18's . this Cab will support my RC7 and TV so it will have some function other than creating bass. I am going to try and do a mock up using card board to see just how large a 8 cubic foot box will be in my living room. I don't think it will be much larger if at all than my current entertainment stand. Dims for that stand are a couple post up.