I want high mid-range bass impact without sacrifising the sound quality...

fire pinch

Hi all and salut l'Oreille!

The_Ears will recognize me because I posted a post which talk about the Hsu VTF-3. I own the Paradigm Monitor 9 v.3 as mains. And im looking for a pair of towers which are more dynamics and which have WAY more impact in the mid-range bass but WITHOUT sacrifising the sound quality.... I mean that I want a tower which sounds flat and naturall, like the Paradigms but which can handle more power... so more mid-range bass.

The_Ears,

I know that u know alot about subwoofers... but is it the case too with towerspeakers? Yesterday, I was looking for Mirage, to know if they could have something more dynamic than Paradigm. I dunno too much for now, I have never listen to them. But I think that u know more makers than me. So what towerspeakers would you recommand to me?

Another question:

What are the difference between the Klipsch Legend and Reference sound?

Thank you Biggrin.gif

The Ears is a good source of info regarding subs but hang in there because there are many others who can assist you.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

Since this is the Klipsch forum, I'll talk about the Klipsch offerings. I found the RF-7s to be very dynamic through the mid-range and the highs. They also deliver plenty of bass, including mid-range base.

Fire pinch also asked:

What are the difference between the Klipsch Legend and Reference sound?

Granted, I only got the chance to listen to a pair of KLF-10s briefly myself, but during the brief listen, I did find them to be more aggressive than the Reference speakers. The reference speakers seem to be more refined to me. There are others on here that have said the same type of thing.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

I just listened to a pair of Ref 7's and I own 5 Legends. I loved the vocals from the RF 7's. Heck even my wife thought they sounded VERY good and neither of us liked the original RF 3 line very much. When I demoed the RF 7's they were being played with a Yamaha and a CD that I haven't heard of. Anyway there wasn't any depth to the bass with that material but again the sound was very nice on the vocals. It may be that the music lacked depth, I don't know. I did leave thinking that my KLF 30's were more dynamic and emotional then the RF 7's.

I know this really isn't a fair being that my opinion is based on music that I am not familar with but I there it is anyway.

Klipsch KLF 30's-Powerful in your face rock the house speakers.

Klipsch RF 7's-Near breath taking vocals, could sing a baby to sleep.