Tips to adjust levels w active crossovers

So why all the high end sizzle?

The red is no EQ and the green is the result at my amateur efforts to improve things with EQ.

Not really sure what you mean, but if you mean why it appears to be higher further out I do not know. I have been told not to trust REW above 5k or so.

So why all the high end sizzle?

The red is no EQ and the green is the result at my amateur efforts to improve things with EQ.

Just spoke to the creator and he relates that the paper cones make them "sizzle" with no shouting fatigue. I agree they are smooth and non grating. He also sent me some grill for the Audio Nirvana full rangers. When I can measure I bet that "sizzle" will diminish somewhat.

post-45802-0-28200000-1394225609_thumb.j

Edited by bracurrie

Guest David H
Just spoke to the creator and he relates that the paper cones make them "sizzle" with no shouting fatigue.

Thats not exactly what I meat to convey, however it is certainly the nature of the beast.

I have used contour netwroks ie. passive eq's to resolve rising HF, but it degrades the sound.

The AN-10 may look a bit hot on the graph, but is a fine sounding driver.

Here is the drivers documentation.

I am a meathead. :( Dave tried his darndest to tell me the full ranger was passed at 400 Hz and I just didn't get it. Well the point finally landed home as he told me about his epic struggle with the 300 Hz bump( see graph above) Well as soon as I figured out how to set the 64 bit software crossover control in Pure Music ( with the help of Rob Robinson at Channel D software) I now have the active configured with the low pass at 200 Hz 3rd order and the high pass at 400 Hz 1st order. Sweet bliss. A glass of wine and a little Miles Davis while the girls watch Grey's Anatomy. :D