KSP 400 loud hum/buzzzzzz

stilespj

This issue has bee posed many times already, I know.

A friend has a pair of KSP-400 and one of them is making a loud hum / buzzzzing.

I told him that if I can get hold of a schematic of the speakers and amp, I'd be more than happy to repair them. Tracing out things to created my own schematic would be very time consuming and I do not want to do this if I don't have to.

So, does anybody have a PDF of the KSP-400 schematic they could email me?

I have e-mailed Klipsch support twice requesting a schematic but I have yet to receive a reply.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Stiles

stilespj@spamcop.net

Welcome to the forum!

If you want my expert opinion, I think there are two things wrong. The buzzing is coming from a bee hive inside the speaker. Be careful!

The humming is because the speaker doesn't know the words.

Let me know if that helps,

Craig

• Like 1

Here are 2 specifically related fix info. There came up year 2010 and 2013 threads.If you do not receive reply soon, I would call.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/145978-attn-technical-gurus-amp-assistance-needed/?hl=%2Bksp400+%2Bschematic

Credit to *T2K for the info. in his post above.

Edited by billybob

Here are 2 specifically related fix info. There came up year 2010 and 2013 threads.If you do not receive reply soon, I would call.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/145978-attn-technical-gurus-amp-assistance-needed/?hl=%2Bksp400+%2Bschematic

Credit to *T2K for the info. in his post above.

Its easier than that. The threads will point you to the problematic caps; you can choose to replace just them, or for pretty much the time you invest in pulling the boards and a few dollars, you can install all new caps. Once and done. My KSP's never sounded better.

An added bonus: The schematics may not be correct for your "specific" speaker and you may find jumper wires etc. that the schematics don't account for. Pulling the boards is the simplest solution to getting it right (and ordering the right parts.)

Edited by Anarchist