Sub amp quit...

oldenough

I have a small Mission 8" sub that compliments my Mission 780 book shelf speakers. Last week the sub quit, on removing the amp the fuse had blown, and it was obvious that one of the two large electrolytic caps was leaking, I can find no other sign of burning or damage, would it be safe to assume this to be the only failure or could there be more that can't be seen? I can provide photos later if it would be of help.....John

• Like 1

I have a small Mission 8" sub that compliments my Mission 780 book shelf speakers. Last week the sub quit, on removing the amp the fuse had blown, and it was obvious that one of the two large electrolytic caps was leaking, I can find no other sign of burning or damage, would it be safe to assume this to be the only failure or could there be more that can't be seen? I can provide photos later if it would be of help.....John

Bummer! True enough other electrical component may not appear physically without farther investigation so, quite possibly would be my limited guess, Maybe not though as a proposal.