FS: Klipsch & Associates University SA-HF Driver

CANT

Hi All,

I am selling my single Klipsch Tested & Approved University SA-HF mid-range compression driver.

I hate saying something is rare, because it seems like an over used term in these instances but I also can't say I've seen many of these? I acquired it to possibly use in a project with a few other pieces but now think it might be better suited for some one else's restoration?

I don't know if it is because this unit is rated at 25W and the unit other I purchased/tested was rated at 30W or if it is a product of the QA process but this unit does have a smoother and slightly better frequency response than the other said standard SA-HF unit. Neither unit buzzes or seems to have have performance issues. In fact at it's worst the 30W unit seems to more closely match the K-55-V / PD-5VH and would make a good replacement piece itself.

I generally reply to inquiry with 24hrs and will mark the post SOLD when the unit is no longer available as I don't anticipate this moving all that quickly...

Asking $100+S&H

post-55655-0-23720000-1396457665_thumb.j

post-55655-0-31600000-1396457684_thumb.j

post-55655-0-36160000-1396457714_thumb.j

post-55655-0-55280000-1396457731_thumb.j

Edited by CANT

Generally, "I am taking offers" is frowned upon here.

You should post an asking price (set it high if you want) and accept offers.

The University SA-HF was used in the original shorthorn, I have one in my 1958 shorthorn.

Good luck with the sale.

Yes, this SA-HF would have been used in one of the following:

Klipschorn from roughly 1951-1961

Shorthorn from roughly 1956-1961

H700 (Heresy) from roughly 1957-1961

Cornwall from roughly 1959-1961

*side note:

Universtiy was actually acquired by James Ling/Ling Electric Company/L.M. Electronics (later LTV or Ling-Temco-Vought) in 1959-60 and turned into a trademark shortly there after. The manufacturing of University Sound product line was moved to Oklahoma City, OK in 1963 and in 1970 a merger made Universtiy Sound a division of Altec Lansing who was also purchased by James Ling/Ling Electric Company/L.M. Electronics (later LTV or Ling-Temco-Vought) back in 1958-59.

Edited by CANT