i am sam and A beautiful Mind

ShapeShifter

Bought these two recently.

Surprisingly, I thought i am sam was the better of the two. A really good performance by Sean Penn. Michelle Pfeiffer was equally good as his neurotic lawyer. This one was a near tear jerkier for me.

I was a little disappointed with A Beautiful Mind. Had hoped it would more detail on how Nash developed his brilliant theories. Focused more on his illness and demons. At least that is how I interpreted it.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Shape,

Math, especially in the theoretic form...is kindof like ...errr..pattern matching...and the ever esoteric..."intuition"...

Two of the best opening lines of all mathematical proofs...are

WLOG - (Without Loss of Generality) and secondly...

CLEARLY..

Lol,

Once in the movie, the question was asked, Do you ever JUST KNOW something is right, and the answer was ALL THE TIME...

Sorry, I guess I was a BIT obscure. cwm4.gifMy point was, guys like Nash just spend their lives finding underlying patterns in places you nor I would never think of looking. Recall, in the film, he spent all that time following pigeons around, and his economic theory was based on picking up girls in a bar.

Not to mention the fact, that he had a few extra players hanging around. And the Clearly, and WLOG were just as equally obscure math humor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rented "I Am Sam" last night. I agree, wonderful acting by Penn, Pfiffer, and the little girl playing Sam's daughter. I'm going to pick up the soundtrack today.

fini

This message has been edited by fini on 08-11-2002 at 08:34 AM