What's your favorite Heresy X Network?

wheelman

I'm curious what crossover networks people like in their Heresy for the different models and why. I'm experimenting a little with my older 700 model ( early 70's). Tried the E now D need to try the C I believe that was the original to my year around 72.

I have C in my 73s but they have updated caps. No idea how they compare to the other ones. Did you replace the caps?

The entire crossover was replaced in these ones. It had the "E" type in it all spanking new by the looks of it. At first it was weird had a dip in the low midrange but kind of grew on me in time. A recessed kind a scooped sound. I now reversed the polarity of the midrange and squaker so it's a "D" type crossover. It got rid of the top end zing I liked so much at first with these old tweeters. Made the midrange more open though and a lot more forward. I turned my bass tone knob up a hair and things seem better, but I would like to hear a "C" now. I'm thinking of converting them to that. I guess the "E", and "D" adds about 3 decibel boost to the mid and treble. So that would make it top heavy I'd imagine with these older lower output woofer. Is yours a pretty balanced sound?

The heresy with a fresh network for 1. 2nd is the one i have control of what tracks being played. Number 3 factor is(and this could be number 2)the pre, the amp and cdp(my preference not lp). Not fooling with the networks listed even if their fried i can normally get them all to sound to my liking or pretty darn close. Some people do have preference in networks. I have just made do with what i have and had.

• Like 1