Faital Pro woofer for Cornscala?

Arash

Hi dudes

actually I'm developing a speaker, something like Cornscala style D but I don't wanna use CW1526C (I don't have access to them) instead I have access to Faital Pro driver for good price. I want your opinions about which Faital Pro 15" woofer is the best for this application? the XO would be 500HZ and I'm going to use H140 and Tractrix horn. the cabinet could be something like CS internal volume or maybe a bit taller and narrower and smaller if the woofer t/s allows. any experience with Faital pro 15" woofer?

15PR400 looks good: http://www.usspeaker.com/faital%20pro%2015PR400-1.htm

it models extremly well in an ~220liter BR cabinet which I think CS internal volume is something like that. any idea?

Edited by Arash

Hi dudes

actually I'm developing a speaker, something like Cornscala style D but I don't wanna use CW1526C (I don't have access to them) instead I have access to Faital Pro driver for good price. I want your opinions about which Faital Pro 15" woofer is the best for this application? the XO would be 500HZ and I'm going to use H140 and Tractrix horn. the cabinet could be something like CS internal volume or maybe a bit taller and narrower and smaller if the woofer t/s allows. any experience with Faital pro 15" woofer?

15PR400 looks good: http://www.usspeaker.com/faital%20pro%2015PR400-1.htm

it models extremly well in an ~220liter BR cabinet which I think CS internal volume is something like that. any idea?

I would go for the 4 ohm version if you are doing a passive Xover to a horn. Direct radiators need all the help they can get to keep up with horns, heck even horn loaded woofers in general need help since the mids are always most efficient. Looks good to me. I would buy that.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

" You want low Q and High BL for 500 Hz."

Not for a Cornscala you don't.

It's not a good idea to go below a Qts=0.3 for a reflex box.

The optimum Qts for a vented box, considering efficiency, bass extension, and box size is a Qts=0.312

• Like 1