Cobalt Cable? Are they any good????

Well, they may be a LITTLE pricy, but it looks like good stuff and a fair company.

Whatever you do, DON'T BUY MONSTER CABLE. Other than that, knock yourself out!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

I feel monster Cable does not represent a good value for the money. I had a customer support issue they REFUSED to resolve, and they never did. They just pissed me off and I don't want me or anyone else to deal with them.

They sold me a defective product and refused to believe THEY could make a product that wasn't perfect.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

I had a Interlink 400 Mk II, it is for my mini disc player (sold it a week ago with the cable) and it looked like it was crushed. The connector (right below the actuall gold input area) was crushed and the jacket was shredded. It came that way from Good Guys. I called Monster, at that time, we had moved away from a Good Guys store, and they told me I could only deal with Good Guys. They would not budge an inch. I was VERY nice on the phone, so they wern't trying to get revenge.

This was from two people, I gave up and bought other brands, I have spent well over $150 on cables since then, all of it would have been for Monster, but now its other brands.

------------------

I bought Monster Interlink 400 MKII's interconnects in 1995. They work well today.

A few months ago I bought several Monster High Resolution 'Y' cords ( the groovy hi-teck looking black ones). The RCA ends were tight as heck. While using a chock hold and attempting to push them home the black Monster bands that appeared to be painted on slipped around on the connectors. The Monster labels were actually a decal something like you put on our model cars and airplanes 30 years ago. Last Monster product for me.

I prefer AudioQuest, if anyone cares.

Keith

Two of my friends swear by AudioQuest for their speaker cables. They both feel the cables work well with their Klipsch Speakers (5.5's I believe).

Personally I use MIT cables. They can be found a little cheaper than AudioQuest and I feel the T2 speaker cables take away some of the harshness on my Legends.

I also noticed a HUGE difference when I switch from Monster Interconnects to MIT T2 interconnects. But that could partly be due to the fact that I went from mid level Monster to hi-end MIT.

I have found that most Monster products I've bought in the past (I used to swear by them before I knew any better) were no better than Radio Shack cables.

HI All

Well, I am using the Cobalt Cable in my new HT. It is not all hooked up yet, so can't comment on its audio quality.

What I did want to tell you is that the company is really easy to work with.

I ordered a 1M and 1.5M set first, so I could check the lenghts between my components. I got the cables in 2 days..... Very good....

In my e-mail correspondance, I asked if I could buy a single cable, since they only show pairs on the web site and I need a single for my Center channel Amp. The guy I was emailing, John Colman, said he would be able to split a pair for me.

After I determined my lengths, I called John Coleman, to order the rest of my cables. When I go to my odd ball single cable, FYI - A 2M cable, he told me he would throw it in for FREE.

My second order arrived in 2 days also.

If there cables sound 1/2 as good as there service, I will be happy.

Highly Recomend.....

JM