Heresys VS Boston Acoustics VRM60

tangero

I've got a vintage tube amp, HH Scott 299B (which is about 20 watts per channel) hooked up to my Heresy I and it sounds great. I bought a pair of Boston Acoustics VRM60 (89 db sensitivity) to hookup up to the Scott as I wanted to move the Heresy's to my monoblocks. The Boston Acoustics SUCK. Is this because (1) THEY SUCK are (2) my little amp doesn't have enough power for a 89 db sensitivity? I wanted another unbiased opinion before I launch them back to BA. Never strey from Klipsch again!

quote:

Originally posted by deang:

Let's see, how can I be diplomatic about this?

The VRM60's are a nice speaker if you are in need of a good nap.

pretty much

89dB... LoL

Behold the Power of Klipsch Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

It's not that the sensivity rating is so bad -- it's just how Boston voices their drivers.

It's like the sound is being delivered to your ears riding on the back of a snail. It just plain doesn't get there. No speed or attack at all.

If the Bostons are the ones I am thinking about they are the very small bookshelf speakers and I have heard them.

I would disagree with most of the posters here in that when I heard them driven by a 200 wpc SS amp they were really good - for their size and in a small room.

Obviously I would not compare them to the Heresy's which have a far greater room-filling ability but if I have a small room (say 10' square with 8' ceilings) I would certainly consider them.

In that environment - with the aforementioned high power amp - they sing very prettily indeed with a remarkable soundstage.

On your tubes however - I am surprised they play at all - and you might be actually damaging them with so little power.

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm