RF-7 Front Board Loose and Rattling

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix a rattling front board on the RF-7? Just one side is loose but it rattles like crazy. Can I put a screw or two through the front or do I have to peel off the whole thing and glue it back? :(

A pair of speakers of this caliber made in 2005 should not be having this problem. Hot Melt Sucks! What ever happen to "Put the Screws To It"? I have no idea what to do. I risk damaging the entire motorboard by pulling it off. Most of it seems to be adhered well still.

Edited by philly0116

I just talked to Mr. Wyatt. He told me the way they fixed that problem at the factory, and the way that I should fix it. Remove the drivers, get 2 x 2 pieces of wood, cut them into sections, apply glue to two sides and attach them to the front board and side board. He said that should eliminate the rattle. I will try that tonight, test the speaker tomorrow after the glue has had time to cure and then I will update the thread with whether or not it worked!!

I would opt to remove the baffle entirely and then clean off the old adhesive and re instal with white glue wood to wood. You will need a rubber mallet and a hardwood block three inches wife and about ten inches long you hit the block not the baffle at the edge all the way around, The wuggestd fix is to me just that a fix not a repair. The more crap you install n there the harder to do the job right it the "fix" does not work. I am not a fan of the simple "fix" as they most often don't work well. Just my two cents. Best regards Moray James.

Like I said a a bunch of so called fixes and the real repair (after that) is a lot more work. Take a look at the inside adhesive line and see if it is wood to wood. You might be able to get away with some slightly diluted white wood glue into the seam. Check first with Klipsch to see what adhesive they used so you will have some better idea as far as repair options go. good luck. Best regards Moray James.