Crossover diagramsp for various CF-3's?

avguytx

So while I'm in the hospital with our daughter, I've been surfing a around the web. Are there any crossover documents for the different versions of the CF-3's? Mine are most likely 2's or 3's but I just wanted to compare the diagrams and decide if I want to do anything beyond changing caps out. I'll also try adding port length to see/hear the difference but if the Vas, Qts, Fs, etc, that could go either direction.

Edited by avguytx

So while I'm in the hospital with our daughter, I've been surfing a around the web. Are there any crossover documents for the different versions of the CF-3's? Mine are most likely 2's or 3's but I just wanted to compare the diagrams and decide if I want to do anything beyond changing caps out. I'll also try adding port length to see/hear the difference but if the Vas, Qts, Fs, etc, that could go either direction.

CF-3_B_pn_1163741.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are definitely the crossovers from post #3 above. The 40uf and 25uf caps are electrolytic and the others are the yellow Mylar caps. I guess it wouldn't hurt changing them all out for Solens at some point and possibly change the 5 resistors to Mills 5% versions.

• 5 weeks later...

I've thought about ordering the parts from the diagram in post #2 and see where that gets me.  There's a little difference in two resistors and two caps and that appears to be it; coils are the same.  The 1-ohm resistor is out of the circuit in the first diagram which goes along with what's been said about them.  Anyone have any more info to add or maybe an owner with a pair of CF-3 v1's that could confirm?  Also, what is the length of the ports on the v1's?

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Solen caps and Mundorf resistors and hope to get to work on them this weekend. I decided against replacing the 25 and 40uf caps in the woofer circuit for now. I'll see what kind of room is there and maybe replace those later. Gonna have to do some re-bracing since one speaker has a loose back panel. Great. :-/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...