suggestions for center with k horns

digjr

The perfect timbre match to K-horns would be a La Scala, since they both have the same drivers and the mid-range horn. A close second would be a Belle--the only differences, aside from dimensions, are the Belle's mid-range horn is slightly smaller and the Belle is beautiful while the La Scala is, well, utilitarian (as it was designed to be).

You need the best speaker possible for a HT center, because 65+ percent of all the sound comes out of it. Compromising on the quality of the center HT speaker is illogical and a false economy.

Hardhead is right about the center channel. A La Scala or Belle would be the ultimate choice, followed closely by a Cornwall or Heresy of the same vintage. I would think the KLF-C7 would be a better match than the current Reference Line. I am using a KLF-C7 with my La Scala's and although not perfect, it's livable.

BTW, La Scala's can look very nice if you have the right people refinish them for you. Here's a couple of shots of mine (they are very large)...

010_10.jpg

My La Scala's at Q-Man's house after he refinished them. This pic looks like a shrine to Klipsch...

LS5.jpg

Mike

That's a University Classic (from the 50's) with University drivers and Atlas horns. Q-Man built this to be used as his rear center channel. We A/B'd it with one of my La Scala's and it blew the La Scala away. Much better lows and mids but not quite the highs that the K-77 produces. It's also about 6db more efficient than the La Scala, if you can believe that...

Mike