Did I get a good deal/upgrade?

unachris

I recently bought 2 RF-3s, 1 RC-3, and 2 RS-3s manufactured in 2000 for $470.  The speakers are in perfect working condition with perfect covers, and all accessories and manuals.  I bought them from the original owner.  These are replacing 2 VF-35s, 1 VC-25, and 2 VS-14s that I purchased new in 2009.  My questions are, did I get a good deal and is this a clear upgrade?  I think yes on both counts, but wanted confirmation from the experts.  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  Thanks!

Are you liking your reference deal, and do you still think the RF-3's are an upgrade over the VF-35's?

Yes.  I am very happy with them.  The center channel and surrounds are a more noticable upgrade than the RF-3's, but the RF-3's are still a step up.  Overall, I think the RF-3's provide more definition and clarity than the VF-35's.  I am also noticing a fuller front sound stage with the reference and the surrounds stand out more than they did before (in a good way).  I enjoyed the VF-35's for almost 5 years, but I recently upgraded my receiver and really wanted to get into the reference line.  I think this was a great first step to that end.  Derrick is right, there is just something about the reference line.  Overall, I am very happy with my purchase.  Thanks for all the input, guys!

• Like 1