boo-hoo-coustics

cluless

The KSW-12 was too boomy, Since SVS has swayed the forum to the "dark side" I decided to contact SVS Tech services and get their input. And in response to my drawing of my "great-room" this is the response I got.. after several e-mails with their tech service folks.

"Hi Carol,

Yep, this is pretty much worst case scenario room wise."

LOL...I ordered one of the new PCI-Plus subs, These days, honesty is worth a million bucks. I'll let y'all know the outcome, when it arrives in the fall.

Worst room? How so? Couldn't be a whole lot worse than my room.... lol I have a huge room, but absolutely NO room... if that's possible. Smile.gif

EDIT: I officially have No life according to this board.... cwm4.gif And it took them this long to figure that out? lol

------------------

For ProMedia help:s>

soundwise2.GIF

<A HREF="maimailto:Promediatech@klipsch.com">Email ProMedia Tech Support</A> or call at: 1-888-554-5665s>

This message has been edited by trespasser_guy on 07-25-2002 at 08:20 PM

Doug - 25-31 Pci Plus. Baby hot water heater. So yours is a PCwu (for woofer upgrade?)

TPG - Huge room with no room something like this?

fimg2644.gif

Yep thats what I have too. Only one real wall. LOL, but I love it.

This message has been edited by cluless on 07-26-2002 at 08:24 AM

No need to have them tune the PCi Plus, this is from their web page.

...."have introduced continuously variable phase (just the ticket for dialing in twin PC-Plus subwoofers) and an adjustable subsonic filter system which allows quick user changes to the "tune" of your sub. That means you can take the 25-31PC-Plus and in seconds change it to a 20Hz subwoofer. A 20-39PC-Plus can bet set to 16Hz tuning. And the 16-46PC-Plus? If you have a mind to, you can tune this bottom-trawler to a staggeringly low 12Hz."

Pretty cool huh? Got the plastic handy?

What does your room look like, as in, why is it bad?

Can you post here what you sent them?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Really soon I will be getting HT #1 back online. HT#2 (the big one) is still getting together (trouble with contractors since we built that room, long story, don't want to get into it). HT#1 will have RF-7 fronts, RC-7 Center, RS-7 or RB-5 rears. Just a 5.1 system. I plan on one SVS CS-Ultra, what do you think?

------------------

-justin

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Clu-

Good stuff!! I have got my parents set on one of the 20-39 PC+ for their system; Forte II/Academy/Forte rather than steering them to another PW2200 like mine. TV has been an incredible wealth of knowledge and very quick with his responses.

Not sure when they will order, but probably soon. I'm going to try to hear their system and then I may upgrade to the same sub before the summer prices run out. BTW, TV has great respect for my PW2200, but gave me the scoop on how the PC+ would beat it and I'm drooling!

someone is trying to edit my post. i don't know what is up but if anything is changed, i did not do it. i can see though that someone is editing it.

------------------

-justin

s>

Justin,

Chill honey, that was me -

I just grabbed the last post to determine what type of files I can upload. Here is the room from Hell!

Graphic4.JPG

I don't think I need to explain the problems, but amazingly (kinda like the amazing scotch tape radiator repair) everything sounds great (sub could be better).

Anyone have any suggestions on Window Treatments?

cwm29.gif

This message has been edited by cluless on 07-26-2002 at 02:35 PM

dang, i was really hoping someone was trying to sabatoge me and then teach me how to spell sabatoge.

that is one crazy room... don't know what you can do. can you knock out some walls? Smile.gif

a friend where i used to live in bellville had one of those dome hurricane proof houses... the accoustics were crazy, you could hear water being poured into a glass from the other side of the house. when we watched movies it could only be done if her parents were not home because the sound traveled so badly. don't ever buy a hurricane proof house Smile.gif

whta if you moved one cat onto the tv and the other to the bar?

can you move closer to the TV? what are the demensions of everything? you gave bits and peices but not full measurements. maybesomeone can help with that? Take some pictures Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

s>

LOL, Justin - wasn't trying to sabotuge (sabotage) you.

Hmm saved the image in corel draw in smaller dimensions and the cats and I disappeared, not a good sign. I have found that the feline locations do change the room acoustics somewhat, so I just velcro them to the barstools to keep them stationary.

The room is roughly 25X25. The funny little wall between the nook and the living area is only a half wall, And the ceiling slopes up from the left and right to reach a flat height of about 12 ft. .

I drag my recliner to where ever it sounds the best on any given day (to heck with aesthetics). I have the surrounds rear mounted over the triple windows and just pretend the kitchen half of the room doesnt exist.

The digital camera that I borrowed for my original HT pics did not get along at all. So no pics