FS: Custom Cornerhorns, Altec 902/511b, JBL 2404

Spongeworthy

Well, this pains me to put up this ad. I had these speakers built by forum member Bluesboy,who at the time was a custom cabinet builder in Wilmington, NC. We met on the forum and Don did quite a bit of work for me building rock solid speaker cabinets and other small projects.

I have been fighting off my wife on a move for 2+ years but she has finally beaten me down. So, I am losing my attic and corners so unfortunately, these have to go.

The base bins are based off of Klipschorns and are built to spec. They are painted in a matte black with solid Padauk trim. The baffle is constructed from solid Padauk. The midhorn/driver combo is an Altec 902/511b and tweeter is a JBL 2404H. The crossovers are DeanG Super AA

The speaker design originated when I wanted cornerhorns for my attic audio system but could not fit Klipschorns in the corners because my attic walls are clipped at 50". This was my solution and a really, really good one.

I also had Don build me a center channel speaker based off a La Scala. It is a 2-way with 902/511b. I had it built as a two-way to keep it under a projector screen. It sounds fabulous. I wish Don was still on the east coast so he could build me another one and I would use these.

Speakers are located in Raleigh, NC. Asking price: $2,500 for the cornerhorns and $750 for the center. I will consider trades for exceptional Klipsch and JBL speakers. Email keithmcg@nc.rr.com with any questions.

post-19751-0-54520000-1409421138_thumb.j

post-19751-0-70760000-1409421173_thumb.j

post-19751-0-42520000-1409421252_thumb.j

post-19751-0-57640000-1409421294_thumb.j