How difficult to install Eliptrac 400 in Cornscala

batman1

Hi I am curious if anyone has retro fitted an Eliptrac 400 horn into the Crites Cornscala C speaker. It has been recommended that the original P audio M2380 horn was more suited for a two way and that for optimal sound the eliptrac 400 be used to replace it. Checking the measurements on both manufacturers website the opening will need to be lengthened but the original hole is taller. Any suggestions on the best method or perhaps the amount of better sound from it would not be worth the extra work. Also B&C driver recommended over the Selenium D405. Already using ALK Cornscala version crossover was installed. Thanks for any ideas/suggestions/advice.

The Cornscala C is brilliant... Ive thought about ordering one myself.

I like the 2380 hot in a 3way... I like it a great deal more than the K401. That said the Eliptrac in hands and feet better than a M2380.

There are real benefits to a tratrix flare. 

I paid to buy back a pair of corn walls Dave Harris shoe horned a set of his eliptracs into. The Eliptrac 400 will fit a Cornwall C... Will prob need to use a B&C DE85. Dave has tried a Eminence 2" that he likes that is also low profile and sounds great per his report. 

That combo with the tweeter seems completely bad ***. Dave might make a mini-motorbaord to mount the horn to and fill the gaps. 

The Cornwall C with the fatal horn or Dave's (My pref) would be killer. 

Thanks to the guys who time to respond to my question. Perhaps before cutting / a replacement B&C midrange driver could be tried out and see/hear what results would be accomplished. One step at a time I think would be a more prudent move. And I forgot to ask-maybe Justin could respond or anybody else for that matter. Have you experimented with additional bracing and/or sound absorption materials such as black hole/acoustic barrier etc. I appreciate your thoughts..