latest idea...

JasN00b

Sounds very similar to what I just did, and I am VERY happy.

I had a theater in a box system from Kenwood which was just fine, but you know how it is, there's always a step up.

So, for father's day I got myself (my son is 2, he'll learn what to get me soon enough) an SC-1 center channel. That of course was the beginning of my obsession. I listened to 101 speakers, read even more reviews, and hung around here far too much. I finally decided on the SF-2's which I got on Thursday. I absolutely LOVE them. I still have my Kenwood sub and surrounds and they are just fine as backup to the Klipsch front stage.

They really are great speakers and I haven't detected and problem with their not matching up with the surrounds or sub.

Tripod said:

They really are great speakers and I haven't detected and problem with their not matching up with the surrounds or sub.

You can usually get away with non-matching surrounds and subs, more especially the sub. Look how many people on here have non-Klipsch brand subs. I personnaly have a REL Storm III which works really great with my RF-7s. As long as a given subwoofer is adequate for your needs (for both sound quality and quantity), there is no problem with using it with your setup, regardless of what speakers you have.

As for going with the SF-2s. That is definitly a good move!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)