The Fisher X-100 integrated amp.

Rick J B

Rick,  yes the 299 Scott is excellent (love those massive trannies!)  Let me know what you think of that piece by Bernard Herrmann if you get it. I'd like to know what you think. If you do like it, I have some more surprises for you.

Doc, is this the version you referenced? http://smile.amazon.com/Vertigo-Original-Motion-Picture-Re-recording/dp/B0000014WI/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1412168256&sr=1-2&keywords=vertigo+soundtrack

And yes, theres no substitute for big arn! B)

Uh, Rick……….. I'm sorry but I forgot to tell you - if you're really into rap music, I'm afraid you're not going to like any of Bernie Herrmann's stuff. Good thing is Amazon return policy is great.  Here's hoping you like it. :unsure2: 

Nah, not much on rap or hip hop, too old I guess. No I think the soundtrack will be great.

Great………………indeed!

Finally got a chance to play this yesterday, in fact I played it 3 times. :lol:

Very nice, dramatic, with huge dynamic range. My 17 year old son, Matt, really liked it. His terms were "powerful and eerie." I wish I had had as good of taste in music when I was Matt's age, but then I didn't spend 6 years in orchestra playing violin either. 

Doc, thanks for the heads up on this. :emotion-21:

Hey, glad to be of service…. Now if you want more drama with bigger dynamic range and soundstage, take a listen to Herrmann's "Mysterious Island" from the 1961 movie based on the Jules Verne novel, (don't waste your time with the newer versions, movie wise). The movie was done by master animator Ray Harryhausen, and it shows, but even Harryhausen said the movie became twice as good with Bernard Herrmann's music. The score was written for double sized orchestra and the recording which I'm recommending is the Tribute label by conductor William Stromberg with the Moscow Symphony Orchestra which was produced in 2007. Just incredible, sonic wise and Rick, it will sound super on your speakers but to anyone with a Klipsch Heritage speaker with a 15 inch woofer it will be nirvana.

Another recording which I recommend highly is of a different animal.  It's a cd of Nils Lofgren called "Acoustic Live" from about 15 ? years ago and it has him playing acoustic guitar (on most of the songs, just himself) and being recorded by one single mike and that's it. All the songs are great but one stands out called "Keith don't go" track 5 which to me comes closest to setting him right in front of me when my eyes are closed. The presence is that good!!!

• Like 1