Combining KL-7800 with R-5800-W & R-5650-S

hari

I was planning on using KL-7800 for LCR, R-5800-W for back surrounds and R-5650-S II for side surronds for my new HT room. Room is 25' x 12.5' x 8'. Front row seating is 16ft away from the screen and backrow is almost close to  the back wall. Side Surround speakers will be closer to back row than front row due to the way windows and door are located but sweet spot is front row. My intention behind going for referenc series is to keep costs down but after buying all speakers and looking at the specs again, I am having second thoughts as to if surrounds are good match for 7800s. Any advise from the experts here? Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome! I see you are a new member. Please

Take my advice and call acoustic sound design and talk to mike. I'm betting you can get the whole thx setup which I would highly advise. I owned that set for a while. Not the inwalls but the regular ones. It was a great setup.

I personally would keep the matching set all the way around. Call acoustic sound design for a price quite on a full thx ultra 2 in wall setup. Maybe you can afford them if you have been lookin at retail prices this whole time!!

Thanks much. Accoustic sound design seem to offer nice packages.

I can't imagine how many inwall 8" subs it would to equal a single kW-120 sub. Plus no offense but a 45 hz extension is something I wouldn't even consider subwoofer territory. If you want movie experience you need at least 25hz extension. Otherwise your missing a VERY LARGE part of the experience.

What are you going to use for sub duty? Have an RSA500 with matching RW5802 I may end up parting with after I can check it against my 2 channel system.

Welcome!

Figured in-wall sub would be too much of compromise given my speakers are already in-walls. Planning for 2 SVS PB-2000s 

What are you going to use for sub duty? Have an RSA500 with matching RW5802 I may end up parting with after I can check it against my 2 channel system.

Welcome!

Figured in-wall sub would be too much of compromise given my speakers are already in-walls. Planning for 2 SVS PB-2000s

there ya go!