What sub

justin_tx_16

Ok. What sub for this setup?

2 RF-7's

1 RC-7

2 RS-7's or should it be two RB-5's?

Think about that with the intent to add a rear center in the future, that is, which surround speaker would work best.

Then, which sub.

RSW-15

REL Strata III

What SVS? (really want SVS)

Sub needs to be around 1000-2000 bucks, no more.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Well, I am just repeating what I have heard a million times, and is probably true:

SVS

Dual SVS CS-Ultra's, Samson amp, and cables (wow...) - $1,999

Same as above, but single SVS - $1,299

It should rock your world.

Enjoy!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

"Sub needs to be around 1000-2000 bucks, no more."

For who? Your so called BIG system LOL Only $2000 for subs!? Ok I'll try to scrape someting...

If its $2000 then take two SVS Ultra plus the "Cheapo"

Samson amp.I would go SVS just to match the output of RF-7's.

REL Strata III is more refined,more musical,better built.A better subwoofer for smaller speakers in smaller rooms.You would need three or four of these to begin to match the water heaters output.

RSW15 lacks deep bass output,the rest is fine.Its musical and has some great punch.For Klipsch fanatics. LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

no,i get to pimp out our garage apartment, pre college thing Wink.gif and htis is my setup, the other is the parents, and they are moving way to slow for me.

this is my own money, and i only because it is probably happening on my birthday did they authorize me to spend this much money Wink.gif and i htink i am selling my honda accord (2001) and just keeping the audio, even though i love hondas.... so now i hav eonly one car to pay insurance on Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Great, that is what I though, but Tweeter really wanted to sell me that REL and I really wanted it haha. BUt I really like the SVS philosphy of a sonosub.

Think this would be enough?

Single CS-Ultra Package

Single CS-Ultra Subwoofer

Samson 1000 Watt Amp

Better Cables Interconnect

SALE: $1,249

With the money saved I can get some XBox games Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

just remembered. what surroud? I was thinking the RS-7's, but then since someday I may put a rear center since my receiver does 100x6, I figured the RB-5's would work best.

Any thoughts on this?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Yeah, well if your house burned down and you didn't have any money, do yuo think Tweeter would still be interested in you?

I would go with SVS, I mean:

picture_woofer_tv12_1.jpg

picture_woofer_tv12_1.jpg

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

why would that matter? all my money is in the bank and mutual funds that i can not touch till i am like 25. besides, this house is not all our money haha. that would be a very stupid thing to do, buy a house, get yourself into a situation where you can go bankrupt. did you know that the vast majority of people in bankruptsy are middle class, and their debt is 3-4 times their annual income? how do people do that? if you can't afford it, dont buy it. always been my philosophy, and my dads. he never finances things just so he does not have the thought of 'owing' anyone money. that is good in many ways, but makes buying a house difficult because of the obvious amont of money you have to have in cash.

yeah, i am getting the CS-Ultra, pretty positive about that, but for now my problem is choosing a surround, RB-5 or RS-7... why no RB-7?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

Well, a well thought out mortgage or car payments is one thing, but racking un tens-of-thousands of dollars in 20% intrest credit card debt is another.

It seems Profina has every other commercial slot on TV!!!

I have a credit card with a $8,000 limit, AWFULLY tempting, but I have used it twice, pair of Nike's and a digital camera I pre-planned on returning to Circuit City.

So, 3 months, ~$66 dollars on the card, paid off the day the credit card bill arrived (well, my mom actually Smile.gif )

------------------

your first point about the interest is one of the main topics of the converstation on NPR the other day about this subject.

The majority of people who are hit with that kind of debt are people who did not have the money in the first place. They get a new TV, finance it with Mitsubitsi (really Zenith's financing) and then in a year they make payments, they pay huge interest and can not afford the payments, they get back in payments, interest grows... this is EXACTLY how Gallery Furniture in Houston works (www.galleryfurniture.com). Matress Mac (as we here know him) guarentees that you are going to be able to take his furniture home, "TONITE!". What happens is these lower middle class families buy a big screen TV, sectional, dinning set, etc, and think, wow, only $70 bucks a month! But then the interest is MASSIVE. I am talking 20-40% interest. SO what WAS a simple payment is now dreadful. SO they can not afford it, it is returned to the store and he sells it all over again. That is how he makes all his money. I think it is highway robbery (litterally, he is just off Interstate 45 Smile.gif).

You are right, it is the credit card, and in some cases, leases with huge balloon payments, that cause the majority of the bankruptsy in america. Were you listening to NPR Friday at 6 PM CST? Smile.gif

So, back on topic hahah.

What surrounds? RB-5's or RS-7's with the intent to in the near future (say a year really) I would add a rear center for 6.1 And why do you think Klipsch never made a RB-7 to complete the RF series?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 07-29-2002 at 03:15 PM

"if you can't afford it, dont buy it"

Well said,sadly most "middle class" peeps are dreamers who dont understand what middle class is all about...ITA ALL ABOUT SAVING WORKING HARD AND SPENDING MONEY THE RIGHT WAY

Middle class is just a small distance away from the pit.And all those in the pit deam of being the gloirous middle class.Spening and spending and going bankrupt. LOL

Some middle class baboons live the high life and then they lose their job and R.I.P A good number cant even pay credit card bills on time! LOL

And some invest too much in the stock market,they have a little luck realise gains and go berserk.After the market falls and they are on ice and cry a river.

Remember the stock market is nothing more then contolled gambling.Nothing less and nothing more.In fact with all these BS companies sinking.I am amused how some fish shake in fear.I dont,because I dont invest in high risk big profit companies.

I think the CEO's and BIG Cheese of these companies who lead the scam business should face years behind barrs.This would make them think twice before fabricating future earnings to boost investor interest.

They should spend at least 10 years working in forced labour camps for 1 cent/hour in pink underwear and high heel shoes!LOL Eating peanut butter on stale bread.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Justin...oh yeah about speakers.Ok ok

Get the RB-5's for sourrounds,I take the RB-5's over the RS-7's any day.

If you have space,well money get the RF-5's.Take the same floor space and are almost full range sourrounds!

I use RF-7's,but these are BIG and ost a little more still.RF-5's or RB-5's will do a great job.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

almost too late for all that, well not actually. we agree, yay.

ok, so, now back on topic... what surrounds would YOU get ears? Smile.gif the two tweeter dealers each suggest a different solution haha.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

you came through for me Smile.gif i knew you would. any reasoning, probably the same as mine, no need to post it. great, i will let my tweeter know and we can get this through, after haggling the price below 15% mark down i get from them.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

I agree with you Justin, why were you desperate for EAR's support?

------------------

as far as the surrounds go,it depends on where you can/want to put them, and what sound you prefer.

as far as the sub goes, i'm REALLY happy w/my rsw-15,HOWEVER i got it from a dealer friend so i got a GREAT price on it. if i wasn't a KLIPSCH fanatic, AND they didn't have the rsw series AND i couldn't have gotten a killer deal (<$1k) i DEFINITELY would have gotten svs ultras.(haven't heard them, but alot of respected opinions that they are great) avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

jvc s-vhs-et hi-fi stereo vcr

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

I agree with you Justin, why were you desperate for EAR's support?

so he could not dog my system haha, and because he is the sub master Smile.gif

i am going to try to take some pic sof the room, but not sure if this will get done in time, i am leaving for the Caymans August 4th. Gonna rock out there Smile.gif All we have as far as klipshc goes out there is a Synergy system, but maybe that can change... Wink.gif I am thinking... Heritage? hehe

Those Caymanians (which I am also Caymanian, 1/3) have VERY little experience with high end audio, but they certainly have the money for it. Maybe I can open up a Klipsch dealer out there. May not be enough people to keep it going for a long time, but I know it would sell speakers, for sure. All they have out there are Pioneer and Polk, some others but they were imported personally by people. I saw my first HDTV there, weird but true. It was selling for $6000 CSI... ouch. that is like $7620 USD.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

s>

OHHHHH!

I thought you wanted EAR to backup the financial conversation.

------------------