RB75 just my impression

jtubbs6117

I was looking to pull the trigger on some Bookshelves last year as always the forum brethren THE BEST choice for information. I was looking at a Emo airmotiv product as you can assume made by emotiva. Also in the running RB5’s if I could find them and shipping wouldn’t kill me. Now that back story has been laid out there. How they're being used? The RB75 are connected to a mid 80’s Denon integrated amp this is connected to a Logitech Bluetooth adapter and a pioneer 100 disc carousal. Also matching the Denon tuner for talk radio.

I wanted to write this to say how happy I am with these RB75 speakers.  They have more than enough bass authority for a bedroom or office setting. And I haven’t found one genre of music that doesn’t sound great.  One thing to say is for me, you need to be a certain distance from them to really feel the impact from the 8inch drivers. I would tend to think this is the front port vs the rear port on the RB5. Maybe this is true, I am sure another forum member can explain this. What I have listen to lately Pink Floyd, Daft Punk, Dustin Lynch Aerosmith and Counting Crows. I’m sure Van Morrison will work his way back to the playing side of the carousal.

The amount of power for this is only 75watts per speaker if I remember the specs correctly. This seems to be plenty for the RB75. Shocking really to the amount of output you get for such little power. I guess to me this situation seems to be the perfect 2 channel setup for me. I hope to hook up mc252 up to them in a couple weeks just to see how the sound changes. If you are in the market for a pair of Bookshelves get a set you won't be dissapointed.

I also noticed the distance issue you mentioned with my RB-35s. They were the only front-ported bookshelves I had and were generally unimpressive in my bedroom unless pushed to very high volumes.

I'd moved them out to our very large living room for a family get together and they instantly took on a whole different personality. They were situated lower and much further away than in my bedroom and suddenly sounded monstrously large.

If you are in the market for a pair of Bookshelves get a set you won't be dissapointed.

I second that recommendation.

I have wanted a pair of cherry RB-75's since I first heard of them at the beginning of my Klipsch quest in 2007.  Seven years later my wish came true and I don't think I could be more pleased.  They are awesome "bookshelf" speakers that just sound big, which they are.  But they also handle the small intimate stuff just as well.  My "90 watts/channel" Yamaha integrated amp is a perfect match for these babies.

The RB75 are connected to a mid 80’s Denon integrated amp

Those 80's Denon integrated amps are some of the best bang for the buck pieces you can buy so go pick up one.

Bill