Klipsch Cornwall - 1974 - Working - $399

Mystery

Noaf... and no room...

Looks like one woofer is replaced with JBL.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4744259611.html

I am selling a pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers with sequential serial numbers - 5M646 and 5M647. According to the dating charts they were made in 1974.

The speakers are fully functional. These have the series B crossover.

I am the second owner of this pair of speakers. I bought them in 1985 from the original owner. The speakers were pretty beat up when I got them and I cleaned them up and put some new speaker cover on them. I also had both woofers re-coned. One of them was also missing the tweeter. I was unable to locate an authentic Klipsch tweeter so I replaced it with a comparable tweeter from another brand. You can see it in the photos.

I used these as loudspeakers in the 1980s when I did DeeJay work at dances. They have a huge sound that can fill a gymnasium. They travelled with me a lot so the wood got scuffed and marred in a few spots.

Near the end of my DeeJay period one of the 15 inch cones blew and rather than re-cone it again I replaced it with a brand new JBL 15 inch speaker (see it in the photos). But I still have the original Klipsch 15 inch woofer (see pictures). It just needs to be re-coned at it's back to normal. The JBL speaker I replaced it with is much more efficient so the sound is bigger anyway.

These speakers have been babied for the last 20 years. They really don't get much use and they still sound fantastic.

I can be contacted by text at three zero three

00N0N_elwoNs3m8UA_600x450.jpg

00K0K_iHsoPCykARZ_600x450.jpg

00k0k_dDAepOAbqAV_600x450.jpg

01313_74N6FIFnsoa_600x450.jpg

Edited by Mystery

I'd go $250...they are pretty beat up, grill cloth is not original, there's also a bad tweeter in them as well...and DJ work?!!!  I'd love to rescue these and bring them up to standard (but no room in the inn).  I have a friend in Denver that could hold them for me, but I'll opt out. New grill cloth, woofer, tweeter, refinishing (more like re-veneering) - I'd be in about $557.50 (that's not including the labor I'd put in for re-veneering)  + the $250 to buy them. Now if they were K-horns....I'd take that investment. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...