Is ReliableAudioVideo.com safe to use

cdsang

Well I found a great set of speakers for a great price at reliableaudiovideo.com But is this place safe to use? And is the shipping bad or do they do a good job? And is the shipping expisive? Any answers would be great. Thank you in advance

I almost bought from them, as they do have great prices. They have a storefront in upstate New York, and I called them to place an order and arrange a time for pick-up (I live nearby, and wanted to save on the shipping costs). They told me that if I picked up the speakers, they would be forced to charge me more because I was using their store instead of the website. What a crock! With the shipping charges, it was no longer quite as good of a deal, and I went elsewhere for my purchase.

That said, I appear to be in the minority - Yahoo rates them extremely well, and except for my pick-up request, they appear to be a respectable outfit. You probably realize that they are not an authorized dealer, so warranty issue is questionable, but this is a whole 'nother topic. Best of luck!

I ordered a SC-1 center from them over the weekend. I expect it to be here tomorrow via UPS ground. So far

so good. I also read their reviews on Yahoo and they seemed good. Shipping is a little on the expensive side but as long as the product is delivered in good condition I'll say I'm satisfied.

I am very pleased with the service that I received from reliable. Over teh last 4 months I have placed 3 separate orders with them for RC3, RS3s and RB3s in addition to a pair of Bell'o speaker stands (I ordered when ever I saved up enough money). Each time the order was shipped quickly in double packed boxes, arrived on time and in perfect condition. I highly recommend them.

The old saying "let the buyer beware" applies to this company.

They may be a reputable company, but I question some of their business practices. In my case, about four months ago I had placed an order for a CD player that was listed as being "in stock". About two days after placing the order I got an email reply stating that they were currently out of stock but was expecting a new shipment within the week. I cancelled the order and went with a B/M instead. However, about two days later, I noticed they had nevertheless charged me for a CD player of an order that was promptly cancelled for an item that was out of stock and hence never shipped. Perhaps it might have been an oversight and an innocent mistake on their part, but then again? Other reputable companies like SVS do not charge the customer until the order has been shipped.

However, I will say that Reliable did credit the money back into the bank once it was brought to their attention.

------------------

"honesta mors turpi vita potior"

This message has been edited by RangerSix on 08-04-2002 at 01:50 AM