care for veneer rf83

yfzdanny

Yfzdanny,

Welcome to the forum.

For my cherry RF63's,

I just use a very damp cloth to wipe dust but occasionally use Pledge to add to the sheen.

A quality finish needs little maintenance except for dusting/wiping.

I use Old English Scratch Cover for Light Wood to add an extra boost of shine and of course cover slight surface scratches.

For black lacquer finishes,

Also use a damp cloth to dust and wipe finish and immediately re wipe with a dry cloth.

Look to these instructions for more details if damp cloth wiping does not produce your desired goal.

1) Damp-dust lacquer furniture to prevent dirt from scratching the surface. Wet a very soft, clean cloth lightly and wring it out thoroughly. Excess water can damage lacquer finishes, so ensure that the cloth is barely wet to the touch. Hold a clean, dry cloth in your opposite hand. Wipe a small section of the furniture with the damp cloth, going with the grain of the wood or in long, straight strokes. Immediately wipe this section with the dry cloth. Repeat this process until you have dusted the entire piece.

2) Inspect the furniture. If it is otherwise clean, without any visible fingerprints or residue, proceed to waxing.

3) Gather three rags if the furniture is still noticeably dirty, dampening one of them lightly.

4) Spray a small amount of solvent-based furniture cleaner on a dry rag and wipe the lacquer gently, starting with a small section. Wipe this away immediately with a damp cloth and then dry the area with a dry cloth. Repeat this process, working in manageable sections, until the lacquer is clean.

5) Apply liquid wax to the furniture, being careful to avoid any upholstery if applicable, with a very soft brush. Wait about 15 minutes, or the amount of time recommended by the liquid wax manufacturer, and then buff the excess wax away with a lint-free cloth, preferably chamois cloth. Do not use products labeled as “furniture polish," pretreated furniture wipes or oil-based cleaners on lacquer furniture. Avoid the cleaning aisle all together and head to the home improvement store for a quality, lacquer-specific wax.

Bill

Edited by willland

• 6 years later...

I have recently received a pair of Heresy IVs in Natural Cherry which I love. The cabinets have aquired a few minor scratches. I'd like to know if there is a safe furniture polish I can use on them? I'm considering Old English (Light Wood) Scratch Cover, Would that be a good idea? Thanks.

@Joe Carter,

Welcome to the forum.

11 hours ago, Joe Carter said:

I have recently received a pair of Heresy IVs in Natural Cherry which I love. The cabinets have aquired a few minor scratches. I'd like to know if there is a safe furniture polish I can use on them? I'm considering Old English (Light Wood) Scratch Cover, Would that be a good idea? Thanks.

I use it with all my natural cherry veneered speakers.  It really does work on light scratches while adding a nice sheen.

Bill

• Like 1