1982 Heresy match with receiver

thetreedoc

Update:  I'm leaning toward a Neuhaus Labs T-2 amp instead of the Onkyo 8020 or 8050.

First of all, welcome.  :)

Second of all, how did you come up with such an esoteric choice?  I presume you will be playing your music directly from your PC via USB, as suggested for this amp?

http://www.neuhauslabs.com/amplifiers/

Internet research.  It looks intriguing.  I do stream a bit through my IPhone as well as a pc.  I also have Sirius on a portable adapter that I take to my car. 

• Like 1

I have a set of H2's, I've had a couple different configurations in the past a Nakamichi TA-2A and my 2ch rig which is a Mcintosh 2105 and and Peach pre amp. They are now in the living room being feed by a Marantz Sr5005. All of these setups sound great the best of course is the Peach/Mcintosh configuration. If your looking into a newer AVR i would recommend Marantz very musical AVR's and there vintage stuff aint to shabby either!

If you are looking for a solid-state receiver, I'll second two of the recommendations thus far:

1. There are a few Nakamichi models that have the STASIS amplifier design by Nelson Pass (licensed from Threshold).  These do not typically have gobs of power but will be enough for Heresies and I think it would be difficult to find better in a receiver.  Make sure they have STASIS written on the front as there are some similar models that do not come with the STASIS design.

2. The HK 430, 730, 930 are also good recommendations and match up well with Heresies.

I've run Heresies with both of these receivers types and have had very good results.

I really like the current offering of Marantz integrated amps. I would think that the Marantz PM8005 would be a beautiful unit that would pair nicely with those speakers provide years of service and excellent sound quality. I'm sure there are probably some more esoteric offerings that could get you into tubes for similar money; however, if you just want a simple trouble free set up, I recommend the Marantz. I just purchased the smaller Marantz 6005 and a pair of Klipsch RB-61 speakers for my parents farm house and am quite impressed with the sound quality. I think the 6005, although much cheaper, would be a little under powered for the Hereseys.

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&ProductId=PM8005