K - 43 woofer in cornwall 11

BiggieSmalls

Hello I recently got a pair of cornwalls 11 and thought about putting in some K -43 woofers 16 ohms I purchased about 2 1/2 years on ebay old stock new 16 ohms still in original boxes thought about putting them in K- Horns sitting in boxes still mounted to shippin plywood heavy beast dated 1962 or 1966 went to retrieve info in box on shelf which is 8 feet high LOL not happening to soon I put there don't know how I did it ** Klipsch Crazy Moment** LOL anyone with thoughts about cornwall 11 use or K- Horn use.

Don't do it!

The K-33 in the Klipschorn is 4 Ohms, but since the woofer is being used as a compression driver in the K-Horn, the resistance is multiplied and the amplifier sees a 16 Ohm load already.

The K-43 only handles more power, in this case, 200 watts RMS, The K-43 will be slightly less efficient and will take more to drive it. This means slightly less Bass at ambient listening levels. The K-43 is for handling more power when the speaker is going to be used at a professional type of placement at high volume levels all the time.

I own K-33E round magnet woofers, K-33E Square magnet woofers, K-43E steel basket woofers, K-43E cast frame woofers, K-44E woofers and Electrovoice EV 15W-K woofers that I have tried all of them in LaScalas in the same afternoon with my brother in Law who also owns Klipschorns, and we both agreed that the Electrovoice EV 15W-Ks sound the best.

Roger

Hello I recently got a pair of cornwalls 11 and thought about putting in some K -43 woofers 16 ohms I purchased about 2 1/2 years on ebay old stock new 16 ohms still in original boxes thought about putting them in K- Horns sitting in boxes still mounted to shippin plywood heavy beast dated 1962 or 1966 went to retrieve info in box on shelf which is 8 feet high LOL not happening to soon I put there don't know how I did it ** Klipsch Crazy Moment** LOL anyone with thoughts about cornwall 11 use or K- Horn use.

the k43 is a 4ohms woofer - never heard of a 16ohms k43 - do you have any pictures and did you take a DCR reading with an ohmmeter -

When you stand the speakers up tall, is the mid-range horn oriented vertically, or horizontally? Thanks.

the k43 is a 4ohms woofer - never heard of a 16ohms k43 - do you have any pictures and did you take a DCR reading with an ohmmeter -

You are correct about the K-43Es I own. They are sitting in the barn and it has been several years since I have messed with them. I used to own 5 MWM double bins and 4 MWM single bins along with all my TSCM crap, the KP-600s and other Motengator pieces. Michael Colter helped me load the MCM stuff out of here a while back. This still does not affect the rest of my post to the O.P.

Roger

You are correct about the K-43Es I own. They are sitting in the barn and it has been several years since I have messed with them. I used to own 5 MWM double bins and 4 MWM single bins along with all my TSCM crap, the KP-600s and other Motengator pieces. Michael Colter helped me load the MCM stuff out of here a while back. This still does not affect the rest of my post to the O.P.

Roger

I hope that these are not in a very cold barn -subzero weather  I would think that the cold can affect the speaker - or is it that the wood can help seal the woofer -