Advise on upgrading front speakers

Vladi

Hi,

I currently have the SB-2 as front speakers, but as I listen to my favorite CDs, I become more and more unsatisfied with them - the sound picture is not complete ... I can still return them to the store, and I am thinking of getting either SB-3, or SF-2. What do you guys think would be better by looking at my system below? My budget is already stretched, so RF series is out of budget Frown.gif

Thanks,

Vladi

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Front: SB-2

Center: SC-1

Surround: 2 Quintets (looking for one more)

Subwoofer: KSW-12

Receiver: Sony STR-DA5ES

Lots of CDs and DVDs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This message has been edited by vddobrev on 08-05-2002 at 11:31 PM

Well, I got the RF-3 II today from Good Guys and now this is what I call 2-channel stereo.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Front: SB-2

Center: SC-1

Surround: 2 Quintets (looking for one more)

Lots of CDs and DVDs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't even planning on buying them cwm20.gif! But after hearing these, I decided to. And Good Guys gave me a good deal for an open box in mint condition $520.

I watched a movie last night, and the SC-1 barely pulled it - dialog was dull and poor as compared to the sound coming from the mains - I am getting a RC-3 II today as well.

Lesson learned - book shelf speakers are not really made for primary speakers, I was not satisfied how they sounded, and I didn't believe that matching the center to the main is very important but now I do cwm35.gif. I also thought of returning the sub just to go back in my initial budget - I tried without it last night thinking the mains will pull enough bass but the "rumbling" was not there. One more lesson learned, the .1 in 5.1 is also very important.

I know this is not news to most people in this newsgroup, but hey, I am a novice.

I will post some pictures later, I think I got me one hell of a HT/Stereo for a novice like me - I just didn't seem to be satisfied with the Synergy series.

One thing left for future upgrade is the surrounds, but I will keep the 2 Quintets plainly because of space limitations.

One _very_ happy and excited owner of Klipsch,

Vladi

------------------

Front: RF-3 II

Center: RC-3 II

Surround: 2 Quintets

Lots of CDs and DVDs

This message has been edited by vddobrev on 08-07-2002 at 12:25 PM