Forte II - Tweeters ? Drivers 4ohm or 8ohm ?

expresso

just be careful with the dremel - it spins pretty fast -

yeah -  it does -  i had it on slow -  and had the perfect fitting -  fit right in and just a few seconds -  just to widen the hole enough to fit on the magnet -   worked great -  good thing i even had it -  i got it a while back for another project and was used maybe 3 times -  comes in handy :)    i would have been stuck that day if i didnt have it -    besides using it on the one horn -    i needed it to for the New Mid Ti i purchases from Klipsch direct -    the Pos Terminal was too wide for the x over wire to clip over it -   another set back -  and back to the dremel  -  worked -    i had a few bumps in the road -     when i did this to my smaller KG 3.2 - had none of these issues and was simple easy -  

for future reference to other reading there are no Klipsch horns which require a Dremel tool to re assemble just some patience. Best regards Moray James.

under normal condtions -  no you never have to use it for no reason -   in my case - i had no choice -  it would not go back on because the screws- bolts sticking up on the magnet which the horn sits back on and screws down were not straight - they were bent slated on two out of three of them -    and there was no way i was going to get it back on -  if i got two screws aligned - the other last one was not -  i tried for a while before realizing its not going to happen and just widened the holes on the horn so they went back on the bolts that were slated just enough to make it difficult to put back -    

once i widened the holes - it went back on perfect fit -      maybe i made it sound as if - the dremal was needed -  NO its not needed if all is well and nothing is wrong -   -   just so happens one was fine and the other horn magnet was not - 

who knows why it was bent slated - or what happened to it in the past -   never know -   just my luck i happened to get one that needed work -

Claudio: you did make a choice to get your Dremel tool out and use it. You did have other options. When you loosened the nuts holding the plastic horn lens onto the motor you most likely backed off the threaded studs with the nuts at the same time just enough for them (the studs)to work their way up to the top thread or two and then you may have knocked them crooked or you unscrewed then and when you re installed them you may have cross threaded them. There is very little chance that you were able to bend the threaded studs and just as little chance that they were bent to begin with. If the studs had been bent to begin with the horn lens would have been very difficult to remove when it should be very easy. It is possible that the studs were cross threaded and out of alignment by a previous owner but if they were factory that is not likely. I want others reading to not do things which will damage their speakers and to stop and think about what they are doing.

When you take things apart it is important to make mental note of what things look like where they go and how they fit together. A camera is good to help remember. Make notes if that works for you sometimes we get called away and when we get back to it things are not fresh in our memories. I am glad that you got your speakers up and running and that you are pleased with how they sound. Best regards Moray James.

thanks James -  but i am 100% certain -  they were that way before i touched it -   and yes that one horn was very very hard to remove - i believe i said that at the beginning when i first explained this -   i was not able to remove it as easy as the other one -  it took time and forcing it off -  i had others helping also and trying to remove it -   and once i finally got it off -  i looked at it to see why it was so hard and thats when i noticed on the magnet -  they were slated just a little bit -  one was one way and another also just enough so they were not straight -  which was the reason i was not able to put the horn back on -  the tweeter itself was not going on as easy either - but that was ok  -   but the horn was not givin

who ever managed to get it on before me - had to really force it on somehow -  who knows what the previous owners have done etc, -  all i know is they were bent some and I was not going to get that back on with out breaking the whole thing if i tried any harder -   so i decided if i wanted to get this done -  i had to do something else - and the dremel was my answer to this problem i faced -   maybe someone else might have managed to get it back with out doing what i did - 

but that someone was not here to help me -  so i am on my own really - either i figure it out or it wont get done - at least not at that moment -     i wish i did take a picture of it -  i missed a few chances of taking more pictures - 

the speakers were opened and touched before me -  for what reason - i dont know -   but in the end - i am very happy i got it all back and its all good -   if i removed the horn in question - and took a picture fully together -   you wont see anything wrong with it -    its when  you take it apart -  you will see it -    but your right - its important to remember how you remove things -  -   

i am glad its all good now and i can just enjoy them -  i have been listening to them only since i started - and dont feel the need to go back to my 82's any time soon :)      only thing i am still doing is i want to give it a few more coats of beeswax -  no rush to do it but thats my plan -   

i am very pleased with the sound - :)  thanks for all your help suggestions -  always welcome - 

Edited by expresso