Billie Jean on tap

DizRotus

You won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/NkbZlautuUc?rel=0

The ONLY Michael Jackson music I own is Billie Jean from Michael jackson's Thriller.  I have the mp3 version downloaded from Amazon, as well as the Pono version.  Both are loaded on my Pono player.  It is the best music I've found for demonstrating the easily recognizable superiority of Pono high resolution to mp3.

• Moderators

The ONLY Michael Jackson music I own is Billie Jean from Michael jackson's Thriller.  I have the mp3 version downloaded from Amazon, as well as the Pono version.  Both are loaded on my Pono player.  It is the best music I've found for demonstrating the easily recognizable superiority of Pono high resolution to mp3.

What stands out?  Just all of it?  On the sites I have been on that compare Mp3 to uncompressed/lossless it is pretty dramatic, an overall difference.  I figured the clips used were for a reason, to show the difference but I could not place it on anything specific like vocals, bass, drums, etc.

I know that it is almost impossible to describe it, but wondered if what you were hearing on that song was what I had heard by streaming examples.

Travis

What stands out?  Just all of it?  On the sites I have been on that compare Mp3 to uncompressed/lossless it is pretty dramatic, an overall difference.  I figured the clips used were for a reason, to show the difference but I could not place it on anything specific like vocals, bass, drums, etc.

I know that it is almost impossible to describe it, but wondered if what you were hearing on that song was what I had heard by streaming examples.

Travis

Regarding The Bottle Boys, the streamed performance is incredible even without the benefits of Pono.

Regarding Pono, the dynamic ranges is the most ntoablle difference.  The sound has a 3-D quaslity.  The silence deep and black,  the loud is loud and clear.  The bass is tight.  The treble is clear.

On the other hand, bad recordings are revealed as bad.  Garbage in, garbage out.  High resolution recordings of well performed excellent performances that were well recorded are amazing using Pono.