Space Music

Lone Palm

I'll suggest some of my favorites although I'm not quite sure what you mean by "It's only one cut per CD". There's a similar program to Hearts of Space called Musical Starstreams at starstreams.com. You might want to listen to some of their streaming audio. Another GREAT source for discovering new music is epitonic.com. As far as artists some of the best are STEVE ROACH(steveroach.com-a H.O.S. legend), MICHAEL STEARNS, PETE NAMLOOK & ROBERT RICH. Some specific albums are: Steve Roach-The Magnificent Void, Structures in Silence, The Dream Circle & nearly everything he does(I've got about 40 of his discs and their ALL great). Michael Stearns-Chronos soundtrack, The Storm, The Lost World, The Sorcerer & Sacred Site. Robert Rich-Drones & Stalker. Lustmord-Place Where the Black Stars Hang, Heresy, Stalker(with Robert Rich), Metavoid & Purifying Fire. Pete Namlook-Silence I&II, Air I&II, Dark Side of the Moog(with Klaus Schulze) & From Within I,II & III. Global Communication-76:14. Thomas Koner-Temo/Permafrost 2CD set. Deep Listening Band-Sanctuary. Stars of the Lid-Sound of the... The Slumberland compilations on the Waveform label. Vir Unis has several GREAT discs out on the Greenhouse label. Coil-Time Machines. The Orb-UFOrb. Tetsu Inoue-Ambiant Otaku & Organic Cloud. Brian Eno-Music for Airports, Plateaux of Mirrors, Ambient 4 & Apollo. There are MANY MANY more I'd suggest but this is a good base to start with. Steve Roach would be first on the list though. Check out his stuff on his website or mp3.com. He has hours of material to listen to for free.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Grado SR125 Headphones

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

This message has been edited by synthfreek on 08-08-2002 at 11:54 AM

Good thread Lone Palm!!!

SynthF:

I am listening to Steve Roach right now, thats some good stuff.

Does this fit into the "chill out" category?

Sometimes I just want to be able to drift away, and this stuff is doing it for me now! Whoa Tipsy.gif...

Thanks for the knowledge!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

I guess people "chill out" to different stuff but yeah I suppose you could call it that. Steve is probably considered the father of current space music. If you're digging his stuff I'd suggest checking out the Hearts of Space website and listening to some of the archived shows. hos.com

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Thanx synthfreek It never occured to me to look on line being kinda new at this. This board,the Blue Rodeo board,Roger Waters,and Pink Floyd sites are about the only places I go. You can trufully say that Pink Floyd were pioneers in this area. Especially their pre Dark Side Of The Moon material. I liked thm the best back then.

Man, I just like dark and spooky stuff. Lots of bass, dark...

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Oh, that was really helpful Biggrin.gif (in a friendly, sarcastic manner)

Check your link.

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

wow i didn't expect a thread like this on a klipsch forum, neat. a lot of the musicians mentioned are usually categorized as 'ambient' for most people. if you want space-age music, also try spacetime continium, if that hasn't been mentioned. they have a lot of futuristic beeps and clicks, and the synth wash sounds 'ethereal'. have lots of pete namlook and he has many series of albums out, perhaps the best are air i + ii, silence i +ii, dark side of the moog (with bill laswell and klaus schultz), psychonaviation (with bill laswell) and dreamfish (collaborated with mixmaster morris), but also aphex twin's selected ambient works II, one of the best alienscape ambience albums out there. for more dance track electronica formula, defineatly check out 'black dog', specifically 'spanners' and 'bytes'. they usually incorporate lots of strange ufo samples and other related sci-fi things.

This message has been edited by Case on 08-20-2002 at 12:21 PM

Have you heard Vangellis? I like his work, especially film music from Bladerunner. He has an album called "Themes" which is his best film music.

------------------

Front: RF-3 II

Center: RC-3 II

Surround: 2 Quintets

Subwoofer: RSW-10

Receiver: Sony STR-DA5ES

TV: Sony Wega KV-36FV27

This message has been edited by vddobrev on 08-20-2002 at 05:31 PM