SVS question

Johnboy

I checked out the SVS ultras on their site the other day. From what I can tell they are one hell of a sub. My question is do they have to be used in pairs or can one tube do the trick? How much will you lose by running just one and do you prefer the powered subs or the external powered ones? My PW-2200 is a great sub for the money but I don't think it can compete with the SVS from what I read. Am I wrong? The only thing close in comparison was a Velodyn HGS-18 and I know that puppy is expensive not to mention huge!

------------------

Klipsch RF-3II

Klipsch RC-3II

Jamo in wall surrounds

Paradigm PW-2200 sub

Sony Playstation II

Yamaha RX-V630

Yamaha DVD carosel

RCA Hi-Fi VCR (hardly used anymore)

Sony Trinitron 36"

Well, I would imagine the size of your room has a lot to do with it, and the speakers you're running. I can tell you I'm running all Reference 3's, and I have 1 SVS 25-31 pci. It gives me all the bass I need, and I have lots of headroom. The room is small, but is open to another larger room. I can say one will be fine unless you have an overly large room, or are going for one of the larger subs (the 20-39 and the 16 whatever have lower overall SPLs). Just my two cents.

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

John-

The SVS Ultra is a fantasitc sub, definately a good price/performance ratio. In my room (14 x 18), i only have one ultra and i have on more then one movie reduced the level of the sub. The ultra's have lots of output, and will probably only need one even for large rooms. If you want more in the future, then you can get a second ultra. (I think even two ultras with the amp is still cheaper then the HGS-18, which is a fantastic sub)

-Dave

------------------

Home Theater

Johnboy

My room is 22' wide and 34' deep. One Ultra would not have been enough. Two Ultra's fills it nicely.

When I was buying, I was wondering if I should get a pair of Ultra's or a pair of 16-46 CS+'s so I asked SVS for help.

Tom V at SVS is very helpfull and will answer questions and help you pick the right solution. Email your questions to: techsupport@svsubwoofers.com.

JM