you will never guess what came in the mail...

tpg

Guess..... a VERY large 97 pound box via UPS....

Four Klipsch KG-2.5's. Yes, I finally got them. The guy said the original drop-off point never forwarded them on to UPS, so he did it himself after I complained about not receiveing them. lol

Anyway, they look very nice... light oak finish... have cable included too. Only problem: I HAVE NO RECIEVER!!!!! Ack, what a pain. I could hook them up to my PM5.1 amp, but that worries me since it is 4 ohm... I don't wanna damage either the speakers or the amp. And so, I wait...

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

Excellent!! I am also glad you did not get ripped off. Just sounds like a shipping snafu that the seller did get corrected after you complained to him about it.

As far as a decent, but cheap reciever, looking into something like the Denon 1602, which can be had for around $400, perhaps cheaper if you shop around. Also there was that one really cheap unit (around $130?) that somebody posted a link around. I forget what that was. Also, try you local dealers and see if they got any clearance or "open box" models you could get cheap. Also see if anybody in your area is unloading anything through the classified ads in the paper.

Last but not least, try hooking them up to your PM5.1 amp. It will not hurt the speakers or the amp, just that the amp will only deliver around 30 or so watts since it will be driving 8ohm speakers. Hooking 8ohm speakers to a 4ohm amp will not hurt it, however, going the other way (4ohm speakers to an 8ohm amp), can hurt the amp since it would have to work harder to drive the speakers. Again, at least try it, but don't crank them up real loud at first just to see how it'll work and sound.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Well, I am working on keeping both, although it seems the gf may not be a gf after all... the situation is difficult to explain. I hope it turns out for the better. I am pretty sure the KG's stay, though, for now. Smile.gif I just need an amp/reciever and center... but of course I have no money. (well, does $7 count? cwm4.gif)

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>